Spalted Hackberry "Torpedoes"

Jeff Bower

I turned the larger of these 2 about two years ago. It has sat in my BIL's furniture/design store since then just begging to be bought. No takers though so I grabbed it to try and sell it at some shows. (not takers there so far either :eek:) I decided maybe it was to big for most people so I made a smaller version as well.

The bases are ebonized oak and the "torpedoes" are finished with rattle can lacquer. An old guy at my show last weekend told me it looked like the torpedoes he loaded during his time in subs, so the name stuck. The larger one will be hanging vertically on the wall in my family room soon...as Mr. Bradley, SR says...ENJOY! :)

Attachments

• [UNSET].jpg
    [UNSET].jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 64
Well I enjoyed being "Torpedoed!"

Perhaps you should move to Southern California where that type of art is appreciated.
Of course then you have to put up with thick air and shaky ground.

I guess "They" are right; you cannot have it all.

Enjoy,
JimB

Thanks Jim!

No offense. They are nice turnings. But, what are they? Why would someone want one? :huh:

Non taken at all Frank...your're not the first to ask me that question. :) They are suppose to be pieces of art. :dunno: The hope is that someone would want one to put one, or both, in their house to enjoy, start conversations with and get reactions from others. If not, as long as the wife likes it, they can do that in my home. :D