Friday once again

For some reason this day seems to not come as often as I would like. Maybe get some hunting in this weekend. A Bike ride to Bass Pro for some new shirts and a bit of painting. I am hoping to get a couple painting framed. My printer has been dragging his back side. I like visiting his shop and seeing all the technology he has.

I will be entertaining our own Carol Reed today. She is stopping by the shop and we're going to goof around with some jigs and such.

not sure why I declined months ago, my wife is going to broadway tonight with my friends and bil/sil to see billy crystal. I bowed out for some reason at the time.
IM torn, my buddy invited me to Atlantic city with him and his brother and father, and Im thinking since Im free today, maybe Ill head over to the racino, kill some time there today. This retirement stuff is difficult.
Guess Ill spend tonight watching season 3 of breaking bad(never saw the show, so I started watching it from the beginning)

errands, errands, and purchasing a sofa for the wifes office Saturday, sunday, FOOTBALL.

uh, almost forgot, most important today, Im going to the gun shop to see about them permanently modifying some of my magazines so I can still use my semi auto rifles in NYS. New laws, no more 30 rounds, and I cant find magazines, so Ill modify the ones I have.

Last edited:
Friday: Shop time this morning. Final top coat on a cremation urn. Sanding and fitting on my platform bed project. Finish packing for our cruise.

Saturday: Get up about normal time and head to Jacksonville, FL for our cruise.

Sunday: Wake up in Key West! Fun times!!! Get back on board the ship in time to watch Jimmy Johnson win #6.

Doing a holiday craft show with my dad tonight and tomorrow. It's our 4th year doing the show and it's always fun to hang out and talk about woodworking, and other stuff, with my dad.

Out to dinner with the wife tomorrow night. Sunday is chili and football if it's raining, lots of yard work if not...PRAY FOR RAIN!!

Yup. It's Glenn Bradley day for me. Spending the weekend in north San Diego county with friends. Also attending my turning club meeting tomorrow. Expect to have some walnut burl in the car after the meeting. WooHoo!

And sniffed out a possibility of my next assignment might be near Fresno and Jim Burr. It's just a sniff, but if you're inclined to wish for me....

My wife is an avid bell collector. We are both members of a bell collectors club that encompasses several states. So tomorrow a.m. we leave for Olathe, KS for a meeting on Sunday. Long way to go but the people are nice and we enjoy the get-together. However, it will be a somber meeting this time. One of the long time, and best loved, members just undwent unsuccessful cancer surgery. We know his days are very limited. BTW, he is also a great woodworker and that family will certainly miss him also.

I'm having staffing issues at work... so I'm working yet again this weekend. I 'might' get my insulation project started.
Staffing issues...in this economy??

Made the first step toward a real shop. Surveyors came yesterday to do the field work for the required site plan for my new 28' x 40' detached garage. Hope it is not too painful.

Well, I thought i was going to the local Rockler store to pick up the Dewalt DW735 planer (Christmas present from the LOML) that is on sale, but today a new conflict developed which prevents that. Fortunately, the store manager was good enough to reserve it for me & I'll pick it up next Friday. Can't wait.

Hopefully this will be the last time I have to mow up the leaves in my back yard. The oak leaves are plentiful this year & seem to be taking a loooong time to fall, and that means more effort. This'll be the fourth time over the past month - bummer!

Then later today I'll have to pull the mower deck & do a thorough job of cleaning the underside & lubing everything in preparation for next spring.

I have nothing planed, piddle around in the shop, (wait at my age I shouldn't say "piddle"). I may start on the cabinet for under my TS wing. Still torn about moving the dust port, don't really like the idea of cutting my saw cabinet. I did find out my Nephew has a 4" hole saw that I can borrow, if I want to.

It's cold here (cold for TN and my more used bones)... so when it warms up for another hour, I'll head for the shop to finish some stems I'm doing for a couple sets of wine glasses... then later try to get the truck loaded and covered before the rains come today... I have a market show tomorrow from 9 til 2, then on Sunday we're talking about going to the Foothills Guild show in downtown Knoxville.... we've talked a few times about doing the show, but haven't yet... it's pretty expensive for our budget, but everyone says it's a good show...

...Hopefully this will be the last time I have to mow up the leaves in my back yard. The oak leaves are plentiful this year & seem to be taking a loooong time to fall, and that means more effort. This'll be the fourth time over the past month - bummer!

Then later today I'll have to pull the mower deck & do a thorough job of cleaning the underside & lubing everything in preparation for next spring.

Took two Agrifab vacuum trailer fulls off my lawn yesterday - That makes 14 so far.

Like your place, the oak leaves are mostly still on the trees. Some of them will likely still be there in February.

I figure I'll need to rake/blow/vacuum the lawn at least a couple more times before I take the deck off the tractor and install the snow plow.

Hoping to set aside a chunk of time this weekend to get a certain sparkly guitar put back together. :) Also, if the weather permits I might go do some shooting with a friend or two. Probably do some catching up on sleep, too. ;)

I will be entertaining our own Carol Reed today. She is stopping by the shop and we're going to goof around with some jigs and such.

Actual unretouched photograph of Carol and Glenn goofing around with some jigs and such...

2071AM02A-13-01-10.jpg