This isn't politics, it's comedy...

Roger Tulk

I'm sure by now you all recognize the name of Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto. He's become a national embarrassment, even though he was doing an OK job as mayor before the crack hit the fan.

Since then it's gone from bad to worse, and I can't believe he hasn't resigned (There is no way to force him out of office unless he is arrested, charged and convicted.) Anyway, just wanted to note that we have heard all his rants uncensored on Canadian news sources. Usually it's just what you would expect to hear under the bleeps, but I still don't get the one where he said he was accused of offering to eat a councillor's cat. :huh:

Enjoy it while it lasts. I'd predict he won't last, but so far he's passed three of my deadlines to resign.

Canadian politics can be even more fun that American. Sometimes.

Saturday Night Live did a pretty good spoof on him this weekend. I'd link a video here, but there are some unfriendly words on it (bleeped out, but still) :D

Saturday Night Live did a pretty good spoof on him this weekend. I'd link a video here, but there are some unfriendly words on it (bleeped out, but still) :D

I saw outtakes. The guy who played Ford did an amazing job.

In the last couple of days it's gone completely surreal. The whole country, the whole world, is just shaking its collective head. Letterman is having a terrific time with it.

he is in the long island newspaper again today, this time stating that council people took away a lot of his power, and he knocked down a council woman while jumping up to answer something or the other.

I wont get into politics, but he gets a lot of press.