Charles Neil's Pre-Color Conditioner ( Updated Pictures)

Joe Acquisto

Has anyone used this product? Charles Neil's Pre-Color Conditioner. I seen his video and it looks like it really works on wood that blotch.
Joe

Last edited:
From his video, and also from this review, it seems like the product is little more than a very thin water-based lacquer or poly.

Being into instant gratification, I'd be a bit put off by the need for overnight drying, too, as well as the need for sanding again to knock the raised grain down.

I've not tried this product, but I do use, and have had great results with plain old shellac - about a 1 pound cut. It dries almost instantly, seals well, and doesn't raise the grain. (It's much cheaper, too)

When we strip furniture if we want to keep the grain from raising we will clearn the stripper off wit acetone, lacquer or denature alcohol. Sand with 320 and seal with thinned lacquer thinner.

When we strip furniture if we want to keep the grain from raising we will clearn the stripper off wit acetone, lacquer or denature alcohol. Sand with 320 and seal with thinned lacquer thinner.

Thinned lacquer thinner???

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

I'm going to give this stuff a try. I like that it water base no smell. I'm doing a kitchen reface for a customer so smell is a issue. I'm making 24 raised panel doors made out of cherry in my shop but I'm doing the rest in her house. I'm going to use water base stain also. I will post and let you know what I think of this product in about a week.