Hi folks

Jim Bergstrom

Hello everyone. :wave:

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hey.

I found this most excellent forum by way of Stuart Ablett :thumb:
You see I was googling for ideas on router table fences and Stu's site popped up.
I was fascinated by his "dungeon", logging in Tokyo etc.
I shot him an email to say thanks for sharing and he was kind enough to point me in this direction.
I've been lurking for a little while but I just had to register in order to see the pics.

I don't have anything much to post about at the moment but when I finish my router table I'll add to that particular thread. I'm 44 years young and I've been involved in woodworking and construction most of my life.
I live on Vancouver Island in a town called Nanaimo. That's in B.C. Canada
I run a small business building fences, decks, gazebos etc.

Let me just say what a fantastic resource this is. Great advice from pros and amatuers alike.
Hope I can contribute something worthwhile sometime.

Hey Jim, nice to see you made it!

Nanaimo is a really nice place, and the namesake Nanaimo bar is to die for...............man, it has been at least 10 or 12 years since I had one....:rolleyes:

Look forward to some pics of your shop and other stuff.

Welcome to the Family! :wave:

Welcome Jim! :wave:

I am fairly new here too. There is alot of experience and ideas that you can tap in to and share through the Family. In my limited experience everyone has been respectful to each other and friendly.

As Steve Clardy said, we like pictures!..... your projects, shop, jigs, new tools etc.... We like 'em all !

Thanks all for the warm welcome:)

Nanaimo is a really nice place, and the namesake Nanaimo bar is to die for...............man, it has been at least 10 or 12 years since I had one....:rolleyes:

Have to agree Stu :D

Here's the recipe for anyone interested ;)

In my limited experience everyone has been respectful to each other and friendly.

I picked up on that too Sean :thumb:

Attachments

• NANAIMO.JPG
    NANAIMO.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 13
  • nanaimo-bar.jpg
    nanaimo-bar.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 13
Here's a Hearty welcome from Terxas, Jim. Last time I was in Vancouver and Victoria was just after Mt. St Helens Blew it's top, but would sure like to make the trip up that direction again sometime.

Welcome, Jim, from a bit south and across the border...Redmond, WA. I've spent some time in Vancouver and a couple of times in Victoria. BC, and Vancouver Island are beautiful places. Bet you do a bit of fishing too...

Enjoy yourself here, and as always....we like pics!

Greg

Bet you do a bit of fishing too...

DwaynewFishjpg.jpg

Greg that's my "little" brother 2 years ago when he was part owner of a fishing lodge in Bamfield called SeaBeam (15 lbs. and 32 lbs. if I remember right, my brother is 6' 6" :eek: :rofl: )

I was up there that year and we spent one morning about 25 miles offshore :eek: it was great.

Couldn't keep the fish off ;) Couldn't even open a drink :D

I came home from that trip with 12 fish ranging from 15 - 28 lbs. (included a couple Columbia River salmon)
My little bro was sad that I didn't get a "Tyee" :(
I told him he was crazy, it was the trip of a life time :thumb:

The only thing I was sad about was the fact that I forgot my digi cam :eek:

Hey Jim, that is fishing Canadian Style :thumb: :headbang: :D

I have a buddy in Kamloops, his Dad and Mum live on Saltspring Island, spent MANY a summer down there on their 26' Bayliner fishing!!

Cheers!