Old Shop Roof is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Clardy

to the recyle center:thumb:
Last few days, I've spent a little bit of time every day loading up my old shop roof sheeting, plus some other iron, copper wiring, etc.
Got a 16' trailer load, so I hauled it off friday afternoon, as I needed my trailer to deliver cabinets this afternoon.

4900 #'s

Attachments

• tn_Scrap roof metal.jpg
    tn_Scrap roof metal.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 79
Glad that episode is over...and still give thanks nobody was hurt.

Sounds like you're getting back to normal, Steve. Making stuff, hauling it to the site and making rooms beautiful! :rofl:

I bet is a good feeling to get rid of those bad vibes.

Is that an old swamp cooler? I didn't think you guys used swampers in MO.

Oh Yes:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Most all the metal, truss material is gone:D

I saved ten of the better sheets for a woodshed to keep the firewood dry for the house.

Old swamper. Yes it is. I brought that from Kansas, where we moved from in 1978. Used it out there. It worked well.
The last few years, I stripped it down, and used it in the shop to move some air when it got real hot.

Glad that episode is over...and still give thanks nobody was hurt.

Sounds like you're getting back to normal, Steve. Making stuff, hauling it to the site and making rooms beautiful! :rofl:

Thanks Greg.

If I ever figure out what normal is around here:huh: :dunno: :D

I bet it's nice to close out the book on that! Glad you're on to bigger and better things! Jim.

Sure is Jim.
I have just a few odds and ends to tie up on the shop ordeal.
A few trusses to cut up.
2 or 3 piles of stuff thats in the shop that I need to sort and do something with. One pile is stacked inside, in front of one of my 10x10 overhead doors.

My automotive, crown vic stall is still a mess. I/We moved a lot of stuff in there out of the weather. That stall is in my 1000 sq ft addition I did 3 years ago. Momma's [aka the boss] is on me to get it cleaned out so we can get the car back in there. [ Where to put the stuff :dunno: :huh: ]

Clardy, I'm glad to see you're progressing toward normalcy. When you get there would you throw me a rope? ;) :D

I trust that scrap brought you enough for a beer or two, especially if there was any copper involved. There was just an article on MSNBC about people in Vegas climbing on to roofs and cannabalizing HVAC systems for the copper, while they're working! :eek:

Now take a break.

Karl

Steve,

How much more of that 1937 Ford did you throw away? Was the fender that bad? :(

Aloha,

Tony

I think that was a 39 fender Tony. I wouldn't bet on it though:huh:

Left fender, inner fender, and running board. I believe it was off of a truck. Too big for a car.
It wasn't in too good of shape. I tried selling it, giving it away over the 12 years we've had this place. Its laid out in the horse pasture all this time, irritating the boss [wife]. It was here when we bought the place.
So I finally tossed it. Hated to do it, but it got rid of an irritation to Her, and to Me also;)

Clardy, I'm glad to see you're progressing toward normalcy. When you get there would you throw me a rope? ;) :D

I trust that scrap brought you enough for a beer or two, especially if there was any copper involved. There was just an article on MSNBC about people in Vegas climbing on to roofs and cannabalizing HVAC systems for the copper, while they're working! :eek:

Now take a break.

Karl

I had a small trash can with 30#'s of copper in it I had sorted out.
Some copper tubing, and the old shop wiring I had burnt off the insulation in the wood stove. $60.00 for that small amount:eek: :D
I'm looking for more copper;)

Status
Not open for further replies.