Thread: Another Amazing Tool Chest

So. Florida

Another Amazing Tool Chest

There was a time when a craftsman was assigned a bench, and he brought his own tools, and his tool chest might have been an indicator of his expertise. He didn't have much more than that to show. They were a proud bunch of guys, very dedicated to their lust for the craft. In 40 years I had only one apply for a job, that among his pictures of his work, had one of his tool chest. It was about 6' tall, in 3 sections on casters. I had just moved to a very large building, and needed a shop foreman, and after seeing that, hired him on the spot. In most cases, employees didn't have their own setup like that, and some, decided to improve their inventory by stealing mine.

Anyway, among the tool chests that I admire, is one by Andy Rae. I think it would be like one that I would make. This one was sent to me a few years go for my opinion.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Beautiful. That is more than a tool chest. It is a portable shop. I love the cup shelf.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

S E Washington State
    That is some beautiful woodworking.
    "We the People ......"

Kansas City, Missouri
    My wife saw that and commented that I'd better be making furniture for the house as nice, if not nicer if I plan to have a tool cabinet like that. I told her that was the idea anyway.

Beautiful chest. Like that cup holder as well.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Delton, Michigan
    that is sharp, mike,, it would be nice to get to that level in wood working in ones life time.. i dont see that traveling anywhere but the old carpenters would make some impressive tool boxes as well in the old days..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

GTA Ontario Canada

Re: Another Amazing Tool Chest

Thanks for posting this Mike. To me that is a work of art. Some may like some impressionist work. Me i think a piece like this is way way better.
    picture like that deserves to be framed so it can be admired all the time.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

The Gorge Area, Oregon
    Yeah some of these are truly works of art. I could easily spend a few hours looking this over and taking notes.

Do you know what was put in the upper trays?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Beautiful. That is more than a tool chest. It is a portable shop. I love the cup shelf.
    Although I'd put it lower cause I'm clumsy.