Thread: Metal blast gates????

Metal blast gates????

I am looking for pics and details on how to make some blast gates for my metal duct work. My duct work is is 6" snaplock. If you have some let me know how you made them and mybe a pic or two.

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al killian View Post
    I am looking for pics and details on how to make some blast gates for my metal duct work. My duct work is is 6" snaplock. If you have some let me know how you made them and mybe a pic or two.
    Hi Al,
    These are all I know about right now.

DT

http://www.benchmark.20m.com/article...ebuilding.html

http://www.studio1304.com/silca/cyclone/ductwork.htm

Don, Thanks for the links. I will look them over and see if I can manage to make a few.

Lightbulb

Hi Al,

.... Don't know how extensive your DC system is but perhaps these links will help you.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=7761

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=8070

Good luck.

Thinking about a project without ACTION is just DAY DREAMING .

Not to steal your thread, but it ties with your thread.

Saw long time ago where someone built one box on the ceiling had his main trunk going to the box. He had part of it made of plastic just for the fun of watching his DC work.

From the box he had three trunks going to different machines, at the box he had shut offs for each trunk.

Can not find that website again, but in my head know how to do it.

WoodWorking, Crappie Fishing, Colts, Life is good!

Boyd, Thanks for the link showing your design. What are them metel pieces called? I think that is what would work be for me. I will have to call down to town and see if the have anything like that.

Bob, That is not stealing. That is shareing info on different designs. If you do find the link I would like to check it out.

I believe Bob it talking about Woodsmith where they had a box with Plexiglas in the front & 3 or 4 gates.

I thought it looked great but then asked myself why I would walk across the shop to open & close a gate on a manifold set up just to see the chips flow. Ain't happenin.

This is the style gate I like with a stop at both ends. I just happened to have some black melamine scraps to make it out of this sure makes it slide easy.

This gate has a long handle & goes on my Unisaw. I made another the same way to go on the back side of the miter saw DC system the knob sticks out on the right side where I can get ahold of it.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Lightbulb

Al, go to a heating and air conditioning shop and tell them your interested in 6" elbows, straights etc. They'll know what you want.
    .... Would NOT recommend using schedule 40 pipe it's TOO heavy. Use S&D 2729 pipe (6") it's half the thickness and weight of schedule 40.

Boyd, Thanks for the link showing your design. What are them metel pieces called? I think that is what would work be for me. I will have to call down to town and see if the have anything like that.

Bob, That is not stealing. That is shareing info on different designs. If you do find the link I would like to check it out.
    Last edited by Boyd Gathwright; 04-10-2007 at 06:11 AM.
    Thinking about a project without ACTION is just DAY DREAMING .