Thread: Moving again!

Moving again!

This past weekend brought trouble. It has been raining for four days. Saturday night, I noticed a roof leak in the bedroom of the MH. Time to scramble! Weekend going into a holiday is not good timing. Further, I had out of town Thanksgiving plans.

Punt.

Researched the problem and possible solutions. Had planned to move the fleet to Yuma for the winter anyway, so decided to escalate the move. Have to get to drier and warmer weather to let the roof dry out and be in a place where the roof can be opened up for repairs. In addition, there are far more RV techs in Yuma this time of year than anywhere else in Arizona.

Rearranged my holiday plans. Spending today and tomorrow getting everything ready to move. Last time I had help. This time not so much. Darn. Drafted a friend to help with the driving. Wednesday morning we make the first trip with half the fleet. On Friday, we make the second trip with the rest of the fleet. On Monday next I seek roof repairs in earnest. This ain't gonna be cheap.

Ain't life a hoot!?! Not!
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Yes, life is a hoot! Your's seems to have more "hooting" in it than most though...good luck on the move!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

I guess living on wheels has both it's ups and downs!

Drive safe!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Sorry for the change in plans, Carol, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And it sounds like you're doing it.

Gonna miss seeing you, but we'll get another chance for a NM meet-up somewhere down the road.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Ahhhh Yuma...Snow bird capital of North America! My dad had a big ranch around there for years and the phenom is well known! Start with silicone around the edge molding and move on and in from there...roof mounts, older patches...etc.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Afraid it is a little more involved than that, Jim. Have to peel it open to dry it out and also to see how much old damage there is in there. And to preclude any mold issues. Replace plywood as necessary. Apply new membrane and then use a space age tape to seal all the seams. And way too many variables to lock in a cost.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed