Moving again!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
This past weekend brought trouble. It has been raining for four days. Saturday night, I noticed a roof leak in the bedroom of the MH. Time to scramble! Weekend going into a holiday is not good timing. Further, I had out of town Thanksgiving plans.

Punt.

Researched the problem and possible solutions. Had planned to move the fleet to Yuma for the winter anyway, so decided to escalate the move. Have to get to drier and warmer weather to let the roof dry out and be in a place where the roof can be opened up for repairs. In addition, there are far more RV techs in Yuma this time of year than anywhere else in Arizona.

Rearranged my holiday plans. Spending today and tomorrow getting everything ready to move. Last time I had help. This time not so much. Darn. Drafted a friend to help with the driving. Wednesday morning we make the first trip with half the fleet. On Friday, we make the second trip with the rest of the fleet. On Monday next I seek roof repairs in earnest. This ain't gonna be cheap.

Ain't life a hoot!?! Not! :thud:

Sorry for the change in plans, Carol, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And it sounds like you're doing it. ;)

Gonna miss seeing you, but we'll get another chance for a NM meet-up somewhere down the road. :wave:

Ahhhh Yuma...Snow bird capital of North America! My dad had a big ranch around there for years and the phenom is well known! Start with silicone around the edge molding and move on and in from there...roof mounts, older patches...etc.

Afraid it is a little more involved than that, Jim. Have to peel it open to dry it out and also to see how much old damage there is in there. And to preclude any mold issues. Replace plywood as necessary. Apply new membrane and then use a space age tape to seal all the seams. And way too many variables to lock in a cost.