Bed In A Box. Literally.

Actually a good idea indeed. I have a headboard, footboard and the rest stored right now, hard to store them so they don't get dinged up. Now if they were built into a box like that storage would be no problem.

question on the folding sides art, notice the inner lamination? wonder why he did that? kinda like a keyed corner joint but this is inset ???? clever work for sure..

question on the folding sides art, notice the inner lamination? wonder why he did that? kinda like a keyed corner joint but this is inset ???? clever work for sure..

Do you mean the part where the mattress support boards lock in? There is no close-up but I guess the support boards would have a sort of dovetail shape on the ends. That would also help lock the whole thing quite rigidly. You are right in that it sure does look very cleverly designed. I wonder how many iterations it has gone through...

edit to ad: confirmed it, back in photo #7 you can see the dovetailed ends on the mattress boards.

Pretty sure this is for some of those folks that do the old timey camping stuff. Chuck Thoits put together a pretty cool portable bed I think for one of their trips a while back.

That sure packs up nice!

Very neat. :thumb:

I built a break-down Viking bed for my brother-in-law a few years ago, but it doesn't pack up as neatly as this one. (Mine used no metal hardware, though.)