It's Friday, Well Sort Of Anyway...Holiday Plans?

Jeff Bower

We are going to my sister's house here in town. My parents and my sister's inlaws (good people) will be be there as well. The party starts at 10am and will continue until we all fall asleep or wake up and eat again for the second or third time. Packer football and Jayhawk basketball will be enjoyed as well. Friday I won't be leaving the house, have never shopped on black friday and never will...Hope to have some shop time so I can get it cleaned up to start some new winter projects. soon.

Saturday and Sunday will be relaxed as well. Cleaning up the basement to get ready for a planned build out that will include an office/storage area along with bar area. Hoping to be done in time for March Madness, but the way I do things, next football season is more a reality.

Thankful for my family and friends here, Happy Thanksgiving/Hanukkah!:wave:

were having a large gathering here tomorrow night.
We have to eat in two separate rooms, as my front dining area isn't big enough for all of us, but me, Id rather be in front of the TV in the den watching football, as Im sure most of the men will join me.(and some women)

Id like to also wish everyone a happy thanksgiving, and to all that celebrate, happy Hanukah.

this weekend is not the kind of eating/diet my doctor wants me to follow

I did manage to just get over 3 hours in shop time, working on the end table, knocked off 12 bandsaw reindeer.(only another 15 or so to go)

Shop time tomorrow till 2:00 then to my son and DIL for dinner:) Friday shop time as I will be home alone as my wife has to work Fri and Sat:(:rolleyes::D Saturday move around 300 BF of walnut from my shed to the shop wood storage, re-aranging the storage area as I go and Sunday mill somewhere around 500 to 800 BF of walnut, cherry, oak and knotty pine and put it stickered in shed where walnut was. whew and at first I thought i was going to have a lazy weekend:rofl:

My daughter and family are coming, it is going to be fun. On Saturday we are getting together with my wife's family to have a Chilly feed. Every one is bringing their homemade chilly, we will bake a bunch of potatoes and have a good time. This may become an annual event.

We'll be close to home for the next several days - no special plans.

I'll get plenty of shop time, mainly working our queen-size platform bed for our guest room. I've also started on a flag/medal display case for FIL; no matter how much of a horsey he can be, he did serve in the Army for 27 years.

I have three 14lb turkeys thawing and will get them on the smoker on Friday. I'm planning to try something different this time - spatchcocking.

Oh, yeah - probably lots of fireplace time since it has turned off cold - for these parts, anyway!!!

I'm heading about 250 miles south Thursday morning to my nephew's place in Las Cruces NM where I'll meet up with my dad and sister (and a cast of thousands) for dinner. Nephew and his wife live in a small house, so we're all going to hit a local cafeteria/buffet for dinner. Good chance a group of us will also go do some shooting, either Thursday or Friday. Headed back to Albuquerque Friday afternoon/evening. Saturday and Sunday are still open so far...the gig our band had booked for Sunday afternoon was cancelled. :( I may go east to the other side of the mountain this weekend to visit Nate Davey and finish up the bowl he and I started a couple of months ago. (If he's available.)

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and a Happy Hanukah to all who celebrate it. :wave:

I have three 14lb turkeys thawing and will get them on the smoker on Friday. I'm planning to try something different this time - spatchcocking.

Thats a lot of turkey! I almost always cut the backbone of the turkey out anymore. I use it and whatever other poultry parts I've collected to make stock to use for the gravy. Seems to help them cook more evenly and quickly too.

We're having some neighbors over for dinner. Going to make a standing rib roast, creamed spinach, upscale green been casserole, scalloped potatoes with poblanos, and yorkshire pudding.

AFter that, Going to spend some time on sketchup to get the table legs figured out, and maybe plan out my office credenza project as well.

Doing a modified Anne Burrell Turkey breast in the smoker and Stacey is gonna bust her butt in the kitchen tomorrow, but I still have to study mine off. Finals start next week so Thanksgiving is that it's almost over until August!

Nothing but play in the shop!:woot::bliss: I'll be working on finishing up my new out feed/downdraft table.

Maybe a little on that live edge burl table I'm working on also.:peek:

Our daughter is flying in tonight with her fiance to be (???) to meet the relatives over Thanksgiving. Hopefully that doesn't scare him off. :rofl: They will be arriving at 11pm (hopefully the weather doesn't delay them). This will be his first visit here & we are quite excited to have him here; we've met him once before. Until they arrive, I'll be working on a bow I'm making from PVC piping (1 1/2" schedule 40). Just a curiosity think to see what results.

On the "real" Friday & Saturday we'll be visiting some of the coastal towns, BBQing & having dinner at our favorite restaurant.

As always dinner at my house. All the kids and grandkids will be there. 6 kids, 5 mates, and 13 grandkids. I'll surely need a drink Thursday afternoon :rofl:

Friday is my last day at Lowes :woot::bliss:Now I will be completely retired. Just couldn't pass up black friday deals with my additional 10% discount.
Lots of shop time in my future.

Thats a lot of turkey! I almost always cut the backbone of the turkey out anymore. I use it and whatever other poultry parts I've collected to make stock to use for the gravy. Seems to help them cook more evenly and quickly too. ...

Yep, a LOT of gobbler! I've never butterflied (spatchcocked) a turkey before, but everything I've read about it makes sense. It should get a good, even smoke in it in less time. When I fire up to do turkey, I'll smoke enough to last us 6 months after we share some with neighbors.

Best wishes on your retirement Bob, and Happy Thanksgiving to all our southern neighbours.
Sorry about the weather. It's not our fault! It came from down in the Gulf somewhere this time. Honest, I saw it on tv!!!!:D

Putting together my MIL's hash brown casserole tonight, two of them actually. Taking one to my sisters tomorrow, sending the other home with my MIL, as she's over watching a movie with my wife, for Friday. Goimg to get some wiring ran this weekend, then messing around with a special project the rest.

Congrats Bob! Enjoy the shop time. :wave:

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4