Hey old timers ...whats gonna happen this year?

^^^LOL...
& for those not familiar with the joke...

It was autumn, and members of a Native American tribe asked their new Chief if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild. Since he was a new Chief
in a modern society and had never been taught the old secrets of Nature, he looked up at the sky and had no clue what to do. To play it safe, he replied to
his tribe that the winter could definitely be cold and that they should collect firewood early, just to be prepared. So, the members began gathering wood.

Being a practical leader, he figured he should also use the resources available to the modern society. He went to the phone booth, called the National
Weather Service and asked, "Will this winter be cold?" "As of now, it looks like this winter is going to be quite cold," the forecaster said.

So the Chief went back to his tribe and told them to collect even more wood. A week later he called the National Weather Service again and asked for an
update. "Yes," the man at National Weather Service again replied, "based on incoming data, this winter is looking to be colder than we expected." The Chief
was surprised, but again went back to his tribe, told them that this might be a very cold winter, and asked them to collect every scrap of wood they could find.

One week later, the Chief called the National Weather Service yet again, hoping for a new answer. "Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very
cold?" "Positive," the man replied. "It's going to be one of the coldest winters ever.""Really?" the shocked Chief exclaimed. "How can you be so sure?"
"First," the forecaster replied, "The Indians are collecting firewood like crazy."

:D

Ha! Thanks Ken, I'd not seen that joke. I'll have to ask my Apache buddy Eddie Two Moons if he's collecting extra wood this year. :D

You know, when I lived in "ideal weather" California, I always used to say, why would I want to live in snow, when I can just drive there in two hours and visit it? But somehow, living in the high desert on the east side of the Sierra Nevada mountains, I've been craving snow that we haven't had for the last few years (drought). Can't wait for the first snow. At the same time, I'm not complaining about the very mild autumn we've been having. Was wearing shorts just two weeks ago. I went outside today and it's actually warmer outside in the sun, than indoors. That is one of the nice things about little humidity...it fells warmer than it really is.

Of course I'm not hoping for the 6.5 feet of snow Reno got in the winter of 2005 (all from one storm alone) :eek:

Move to Texas. If you don't like the weather here just wait ten minutes or so.

We went from snow and frost Tuesday into Wednesday to I'm about to turn the a/c back on today.