Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A night in the new hospital

A night in the new hospital

Last night I was in my local pharmacy, and took my blood pressure a couple of times. As it was edging up to 200, my pharmacist suggested I should go to the Emerge (ER to you Americans,) So I did. This facility was opened last year, and cost a lot of taxpayer's money. So far, I think we got out money's worth. I went here previously when I put a chisel through my finger, but that was only an in and out. They admitted me at 9 PM and ran three sets of blood tests, two ECGs, four blood glucose tests and took my blood pressure every 30 minutes until they were sure I wouldn't break down if I went home. The doctor was the same on that attended on me when I had the big heart attack two years ago, and he's a good, competent guy. He told me to monitor my bp for now, and come back if the high bp seems to be a pattern. I have to see my GP soon, too.

The facility is much better than the old, crowded Emerge. You get a 10 x 10 bay and lots of attention. The staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. Also, I was admitted within 20 minutes, and the death panel didn't even bother to look at me. Good Socialized medicine!
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

Glad you had a good experience. Not all ERs are like that. The one in my town is the pits.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

We have 6 ER's and at least 20 Urgent Care facilities in Fresno. We the best we can, but when the majority of the population with out insurance uses us for their GP...there is only so much we can do. We won't go into budget cuts...
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Glad you had a great report .
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

death panel what the heck is that ??

I've always been a little leary about the competency ofprivate urgent care facilities. I'd much rather go to the ER.

Glad you are OK
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Mods might zap this......so read quick.
    In the Obamacare law there are several provisions that require approval by a department of clerks before certain treatments can be given. e.g. people over age 76 cannot get treatment for cancer. Lovely ain't it?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Glad they gave you the OK Roger. Many of us have reached that age where our diet consists of cutting out anything that tastes good and what we think of as "plenty of exercise" ain't even close.

One of my favorite cartoons is a single panel drawing of a guy sitting on the exam table in the doctor's office, the doctor is frowning while looking over his chart . . . the doctor is saying "Still no improvement. Are you sure you've given up everything you enjoy?".
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    It's a joke. During the 2008 Presidential campaign, Sarah Palin (who used to come across the border for free Canadian health care) claimed that we have 'death panels' who decide who gets treatment. We don't. I've seen people in their 80s getting cancer and heart surgery.
    Cheers,
    Roger

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

Oh, Glenn, you made me snort-laugh. Frank, the old hospital was just awful, but the staff were still angels making the best of a bad situation.
    Cheers,
    Roger

Glad it went well Roger..