Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: family together

family together

For different reasons, both our daughter, who is 27 years old, and our son who is 47 years old, are visiting this weekend. We had a great visit last night just watching football and joking and talking.
    Not a big deal you say? Actually, it is. For a variety of reasons, this is the first time the four of us have been alone together. Ever. Other times has involved friends and relatives. But never before just us. I am valuing this time very much but cannot help thinking about our son, Brent, who is missing. He died in 1996.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Your a lucky Man Frank
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I love it when that happens, but for me it happens every year or so. Glad you got yours together!
    Cheers,
    Roger

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

It is my belief that Brent is with each and everyone of you and is smiling and enjoying the get together as much as you are. I am richly blessed with my girls and their husbands and the grandkids all enjoying each other. Congrats on enjoying and recognizing the time for what it is.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Must of been a great day for you Frank. Sorry for your loss but I'm happy for the joy you feel today.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

They are always with you, whether in person or in spirit...you were blessed with this special visit

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    For different reasons, both our daughter, who is 27 years old, and our son who is 47 years old, are visiting this weekend. We had a great visit last night just watching football and joking and talking.
    Not a big deal you say? Actually, it is. For a variety of reasons, this is the first time the four of us have been alone together. Ever. Other times has involved friends and relatives. But never before just us. I am valuing this time very much but cannot help thinking about our son, Brent, who is missing. He died in 1996.
    Frank, That's a great feeling, having your kids together... we had Thanksgiving dinner with my son and wife, plus my daughter and her partner and my wife's son... was great having family for a holiday. It's been almost 6 years since I had seen my daughter... she still lives in CA and doesn't come back this way often... my son has just moved up closer to me, only 1 1/2 hours away and Dianne's son is a trucker and only gets home about every other month or so... I'm sorry to hear about your son Brent, but as others have said, he's with you all in spirit.

BTW, I have your book on my kindle and enjoying a good read.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Frank, glad that your having a good time with your family.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

you had mentioned you son to me once before, sorry about him, but I didn't realize you have 2 children 20 years apart. wow.
    I love when my son and daughter hang out with us or just me and we eat and do nothing important other than chill out.
    for, me, this is what makes like grand
    Human Test Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    you had mentioned you son to me once before, sorry about him, but I didn't realize you have 2 children 20 years apart. wow.
    I love when my son and daughter hang out with us or just me and we eat and do nothing important other than chill out.
    for, me, this is what makes like grand
    Yes, the age difference is one reason it has been difficult for us all to get together. Evan went to college out of town, then med school, then residency in New Orleans, then working in Alaska with the health service, now in Springfield, MO. Currently they live about 350 miles apart with us in the center. We are a different kind of family.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire