A Few More Sound Samples From the Purple Guitar

If you want to play nekked, that's OK....just no video:rofl:

OK, no video. Just still pics...

the-naked-cowboy.jpg

:rofl::rofl: I think the hair is a bit short for an imitation of you Vaughn. He is way too mad cowboy (boy wonder what John Wayne would have said to that picture:doh:) and not enough nekked hippy.

My phone butchered the sound samples. I plugged in my studio phones and it sounds great! I've always wondered how variax guitars sounded vs a standard guitar through a POD. Sounds amazing. Great job!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

My phone butchered the sound samples. I plugged in my studio phones and it sounds great! I've always wondered how variax guitars sounded vs a standard guitar through a POD. Sounds amazing. Great job!

The Variax is handy because of its versatility and it sounds pretty good, but in a side-by-side comparison with the real guitars it's modeling, it's not quite there. I like the sound of my Mexican Strats a bit better than the Strat models the Variax provides. But if I could only take one guitar to a gig, the Variax would probably be my choice. :thumb:

... I've always wondered how variax guitars sounded vs a standard guitar through a POD...

Forgot to mention...one cool feature when using the Variax and XT Live together, is you can program which guitar model you want with each POD patch. So with a single stomp of a footswitch, I can go from playing a sitar through no amp at all to playing a Les Paul through a Marshall Stack with echo, chorus, reverb and a wah pedal.

I only do this with a few patches, but it's a handy feature at times.

I may have to get a Variax just to try it. I love my Schecter but I must say most of the stock patches sound terrible with it. I think its because of the EMGs overdriving the signals including clean patches. Its got the metal sound down though! :)