New fun stuff

Jim Burr

This is half a salt and pepper mill (the salt half) finished up Sunday. Curly maple from our own Mr Delaney. 5 coats Tung oil finish and 2 WOP. A little touchy on the tolerances and both salt and pepper use some different bits. Pepper should be done in a day or two. Thanks for looking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• mill.jpg
    mill.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Very nice Jim... I have 3 pairs working in my shop... just put second coat of finish on the tonight... no pictures yet though.
Haven't decided if I like this kit or not... I did two or three sets a while back, but they didn't fit to my liking, so I dismantled and saved the kits, but tossed the turnings... the new ones working now are much better and the bits and pieces fit better.

Very nice Jim... I have 3 pairs working in my shop... just put second coat of finish on the tonight... no pictures yet though.
Haven't decided if I like this kit or not... I did two or three sets a while back, but they didn't fit to my liking, so I dismantled and saved the kits, but tossed the turnings... the new ones working now are much better and the bits and pieces fit better.

I passed on the PSI mini set Chuck; friend had a set and I found them thin and kinda floppy. The CSUSA sets seem much more sturdy and well built. Big challenge now is to find fun shapes other than the "book defined" catalog pictures.