Need suggestions for saw repair

Well, my bull of a son somehow managed to break the front handle off of my favorite old Skil Professional 8 1/4" Circular Saw when he was using it yesterday. I came home this morning and found it on the workbench. I can't wait to hear his explaination of how he did it.

I am looking for some suggestions as to what kind of glue, epoxy, bonding agent, ect, that I could use to reattach the handle. I know, I could go out and buy a new saw that would probably be better but I would like to keep this old saw functional. It has been with me on countless jobs and has performed flawlessly every time.

It is made of the same hard plastic as most circular saws.

I was thinking maybe JB Weld, any other suggestions?

Last edited:
What's wrong with duct tape??:rofl: Sorry.
I'd want something like a metal dowell into each part of the plastic. Will the saw come apart so that you can drill a pilot hole in each end of the broken pieces and use a dowell or one of the double ended lag bolts to screw the parts together? Use some epoxy(or JB Weld) between the 2 parts that would squeeze out as they come together so that any broken edges would be filled by the epoxy. Do both ends and reassemble. Might want to wrap the handle with some of the grip tape. I hate the feeling of having epoxy on my hands.
Otherwise I'd be a little leary of just gluing the handle back together. If the joint were to suddenly fail, you could have a loose circular saw to play dodge-ball with. :eek: Jim.

paul, you`d be smart to find a replacement handle......either from skill or off a dead saw.....i`d always be leary of one that was stuck back together....tod

Exactly the same thing happened to me THE FIRST TIME I used my new Jet Super saw fence. :eek: :eek:

Replacement was only option. But of course they replaced it free since was so new. :thumb: