Robot Spider...

Art Mulder

This is the coolest Radio Controlled "toy" yet...
Yet I bet that if it ever goes mass-market that 50% of them will end up smashed to bits by terrified people! :eek:

I think I heard a comment that in a year or two they hope the price might get down to $500. Makes me wonder what this version costs! I don't expect to find one under my Christmas tree.

I think I heard a comment that in a year or two they hope the price might get down to $500. Makes me wonder what this version costs! I don't expect to find one under my Christmas tree.

From the T8X Robugtix website:

There are three ways to purchase a T8X
1. Pre-order the T8X for $499 + $50 flat shipping fee.
This is the only amount you'll pay and it will reserve your spot in the delivery queue. Get early access to the T8X SDK.

Total cost of the T8X using this method is: $499 + $50 S&H
OR
2. Reserve your spot in the delivery queue for $200 now. Get early access to the T8X SDK.

When it's closer to June 2014, we will send you a coupon code so you can purchase the T8X for $349 plus $50 flat shipping fee.
Total cost of the T8X using this method is: $549 + $50 S&H

OR
3. Purchase the T8X after January 1, 2014 for $749 + $50 flat shipping fee.
Total cost of the T8X using this method is: $749 + $50 S&H

Thank you Art without you posting this i would not have known of its existence.

Amazing, I agree with what Adam said in the video. That has to be one of the coolest robots ever made.
Now we got to wait for hollywood to use it in a.movie.

Swarm of the Tarantulas lol

The host of that show said it all, we sure are living in one of coolest times for tech.

Be real cool if they can someday get it beefed up enough that it could leap like those jumping spiders can do. Also how about adding a camera where the eye is and a video link with first person view. That would allow capture of the foot when an unsuspecting person stomps on it. LOL.
I am loving what is going on at this moment in tech the Geeks are taking over the playground about time brains overcame brawn ;)

What about an app that would run on a tablet and use the accelerometer to
allow movement of the tablet to define movement of the spider. Add some facial recognition to allow human mouth movements to add to control range...then we cooking with gas. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2