Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TGIF - 12/6/2013 Edition

TGIF - 12/6/2013 Edition

I'm leaving early today to pick up our son and his fiance from the airport, he just finished a 10 1/2 month deployment on U.S.S. Nimitz. I'm also on vacation for the next week, so other than some hanging with the kids, I may try to get my surround sound installed and some electrical work done on the living room.

Also have my company holiday party tomorrow, the kids are joining us, so should be a good time.

What's everyone else got going?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo. Robert Brault

Playing the part of a single dad this weekend so lots of kid time! Tonight it's a movie at home and chili dogs, the daughter and I love em but the wife can't stand them...Probably will have them for lunch tomorrow too.

Tomorrow morning we go visit my dad at his last holiday craft show. Hopefully he sells out of ornaments again! Super cold all weekend so lots of inside time on Saturday and Sunday except for digging out the snow blower in the the shop/garage. Suppose to get our first measurable snow on Sunday. Figures as whenever the wife leaves town some sort of weather arrives. Oh, also Kansas bball tomorrow and Packers football on Sunday!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Friday: Picked up plywood this morning and started cutting it down for the platform parts to go on the platform bed I've been building.

Saturday: Build drawers for the platform bed and apply sealer to the platform pieces mentioned above. I'll also do a couple of processes on the flag case I'm making for FIL.

Sunday: Hopefully, a day of rest!!!
    Last edited by Bill Arnold; 12-06-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Tonight a lot of the guys I ride with are bringing wifes to a night out with the boys. May or may not go to the farm in Va to hunt tomorrow and painting on Sunday. Rainy weekend Va will be dry tomorrow.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    ... chili dogs, the daughter and I love em but the wife can't stand them...Probably will have them for lunch tomorrow too.
    I like chili omlets for breakfast.

Building a stable (on a small scale)
    Pics later, unless the weekend goes completely off the rails.
    There's also the matter of 33+ years of stuff in my office to be dealt with

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rideout View Post
    There's also the matter of 33+ years of stuff in my office to be dealt with

that's simple. metal garbage pail, outside, lighter fluid, match.

nothing at all planned, kind of scary, Im sitting here today, put one coat on end table, nothing else to do, nada, zip, Im in my lounging clothes already at 12:30, and the rain is expected to fall through tomorrow while temps drop.
    I might be forced to lay on the sofa and watch TV, should be enough college football to keep me occupied.
    I hate retirement.

on a positive note, Im thinking of putting a recumbent exercise bike in the back room for when I watch TV, instead of snacking, I could get a small workout.
    Last edited by allen levine; 12-06-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    Human Test Dummy

Prepping for the inbound snowstorm. Bread & milk, etc. Tractor fueled. Shovels and sand available. 5~8" predicted. Supposed to start within another hour or so. Got all the outside holiday decorations done yesterday.

Other than that, life as usual. Maybe some shop time after the plowing, etc.

Weird weather, for sure - 60 yesterday, 31 today, and not supposed to get above 25 tomorrow. Next week, teens and low 20s all week. Winter's here!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Tonight I'm playing a gig tonight at a local sports bar that used to be a rock bar 30 years ago. Our band was one of the first to play there back in the 1980s, so it's kind of fitting that two of us from the old band are playing there tonight. They are giving live entertainment for Friday Happy Hour a try, and we're the first band to play in that format.

The rest of the weekend it somewhat up in the air. I have a quick and dirty repair job to do on a friend's broken particle board desk. (Note to self: Don't sit on cheap particle board desks. They break) And if schedules and weather permit, I'd like to go to the other side of the mountain and visit Nate Davey and his lathe.

Oh, and stay warm, peeps! It was a balmy 17 here in the high desert this morning at 9:00.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    that's simple. metal garbage pail, outside, lighter fluid, match.

nothing at all planned, kind of scary, Im sitting here today, put one coat on end table, nothing else to do, nada, zip, Im in my lounging clothes already at 12:30, and the rain is expected to fall through tomorrow while temps drop.
    I might be forced to lay on the sofa and watch TV, should be enough college football to keep me occupied.
    I hate retirement.

on a positive note, Im thinking of putting a recumbent exercise bike in the back room for when I watch TV, instead of snacking, I could get a small workout.
    That's a good plan for a lot of it Allen: things that seemed important at the time, but a lot less so now. There is a little bit that has to be properly handled: government secrets you know

Send me a picture of that bike and where I can get one!