family involuntary separation

Frank Fusco

Ryan Mooney is holed up in a hotel in town about five miles from my house. A visit was planned. But unusual winter weather has interfered. I have more than a foot of snow and ice in my area. Nothing is moving. I think that big white mound outside has my truck under it. Temp was 4 degrees last night. This ain't North Dakota but looks and feels like it right now. Not happy about the non-meet. Was going to take him to meet Tod also but neither will happen. :(

Meeting can happen some other time. Stay home and be safe.

Geesh, remind me not to move to Arkansas or New Hampshire.:eek::D
Two feet of snow in NH we call that Monday and it would not stop a meet and greet. We got people for that pesky snow stuff. :thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Not quite the same as Rochester NY where they call 2 feet a dusting or afternoon flurries.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Well it ain't the snow so much that bothers me, it's the inch of ice underneath it :eek: Half the doors on our rig wouldn't open (the half I wasn't going down, opening and banging the ice off of every few hours during the freezing rain portion of the events).

We actually made a run for it today and made it back to Springdale before the next storm hits (need to start making our way back west real soon here). Tried stopping by Todd's place on the way out of town but it was dark and locked up so maybe just got there to early, to bad!

I can't claim that moving on was perhaps the smartest of ideas as the roads are somewhere between an ice rink and a ski hill (with moguls in places) but need must. Easy on the gas and easier on the brake and was able to make around 25mph the whole way :D Surprisingly very few cars in the ditch and only saw one semi on its side off of the road (and one stuck on a hill with his blinkers going). I did pass convoy's of electric company repair trucks heading the other way (presumably home), some from as fast as Chattanooga.

In fairness to the locals they did a really see superb job with what they had to work from (really lots of plows out for a low snow area, I think there was more in town than we have in our whole country - much lower taxes to, go figure :rolleyes:). They got the loose stuff off of the road faster than they would have back home, main difference i saw was we're a bit more generous with the gravel (better for traction, worse for windows). This is the worst storm to hit the area in somewhere over 30 years (and the week before it was almost near 70 of course that meant the ticks were still out in force) so pretty hard to plan around that! And it doesn't look like it was any better at home!

Let's go south she said, it'll be nice to get some warm weather she said... :rofl:

Yep, I'm sorry the Family meet-up couldn't happen. I am still stuck at home. Can't get either vehicle to the road. Ryan tried to see Tod. But Tod works late into the night and sometimes sleeps late in the a.m.
Driving from Mountain Home to Springdale was, indeed, a risky proposistion. There are some steep hills and wild curves in the aprox. 125 miles between here and there. Glad Ryan made it safely, that is all that matters.

In all fairness, ice under snow on mountain roads. To me that is a no brainer and you stay in to live another day. I think you made a good call Frank and sorry it didn't work out but at least no one was injured during this event.