how do you spend a snowy day

When the girls were at home, we would saddle a horse or hitch a team to drag them on sleds while doing chores. Now, Lou and I do chores and then enjoy watching it snow through the windows.

IF they close the plant - and probably NOT, I would first get the shop nice and warm, then I would snowblower the driveway and clean off the decks and clean off the cars. That all takes about 1-2 hours. In 12-18" of snow, it's a good 2 hours.

I might to out for a ride to see the new snowfall.

Then I spend the rest of the day in the shop

Slept in, got caught up on some Wood Whisperer podcasts, spent some time in the shop trying to cut out reindeer (had to order new BS blades), spent some time playing with the guitars and software, and now watching some foosball.

Yesterday I had a nice fire going at 6am sipping coffee while my daughter sorted out her "my little pony" collection to see which ones she needs to ask santa for. The wife got home from a weekend trip with the girlfriends about 11am, just before I-80 was closed for 4hrs do to a wreck, and we decorated the house for Christmas, except for the tree. Got the snowblower out right after dancing in the living room as the Packers finally pulled one out and cleaned up the snow. Made a pot of chicken and noodles and finished watching football before bed.