beware the cat

Frank Fusco

This from a site that sells knife supplies and custom knives. The owner is man enough to admit his mistakes as lessons for others. This one is particularly interesting and a good lesson. Despite the fact I very much dislike cats, this was probably a pretty traumatic incident for all involved. :eek:

Safety isn't for humans only. Make sure your workshop is clear of family pets while running power tools . When I started up my table saw, I didn't notice that the family cat was asleep on a high shelf above. The noise startled her her and she jumped down onto the spinning blade. Yeow! Besides being traumatic, this cost me over $600 bucks in vet bills. Sigh. Very unhappy kitty.

Yikes. :eek: A good friend of mine once found a cat sleeping under the hood of his car (disovered the hard way...especially for the poor cat), but I'd never thought about the hazards of shop tools.

good to remember in cold weather

Yikes. :eek: A good friend of mine once found a cat sleeping under the hood of his car (disovered the hard way...especially for the poor cat), but I'd never thought about the hazards of shop tools.

Heat sources and critters go together in cold weather. Cats and kittens like to crawl inside the fan shroud behind the radiator. Snug, warm, they often spend the night there. First time I thought it was a fluke, second time . . . Strays, but I started opening the hood before starting an engine in cold weather for a few years. Been over forty years now and I haven't opened a hood to check for critters in years now but I'm not out until the wee hours most nights offering a warm late night spot for critters these days! Such a homebody that grass dies under my truck tires if it is parked on the grass. Nothing better to do than play on the farm. Got to go make groceries this morning, not better than staying home in the warm but better than not making groceries!

Hu