Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Pump For Scroll Saw and other..

Air Pump For Scroll Saw and other..

I've been contemplating getting an aquarium air pump to use with my scroll saw and with my little router jig I have for my Dremel tool. I have read where that type of pump works well when you scroll at slower speeds and would sure help with my Stewart MacDonald router jig. Anyone use one of these and if so what size do you have? Looks like they are sold according to the size of tank one has.
    "We the People ......"

I have the regular pump in my scroll saw. My gut reaction though is to buy the biggest/bigger pump available and attach it under the bench or somewhere out of the way and less noise. Since it is a bigger pump, a longer hose shouldn't negatively affect it working properly.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

I have used a few sizes for that purpose and all work even the small ones but the bigger the better right.

Daniel! Let me be the first to welcome you to this forum/family!!!!! You are not a lone stranger from Canada, have met a few of them in person and they are top notch people, so if they are in your neck of the woods, a meet up is a great thing.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Yes Daniel, welcome to the forum and thanks for the input on my question.

Jonathan, my scroll saw (DeWalt) has its own pump. It works good except at slow speed than it gets weaker. The main purpose for the pump would be for my little router stand for routing with my Dremel. It has a place to connect an air hose. The need for one for my scroll saw is an after thought and helps justify it to my boss,, er wife. Not that I need to, I'm the man of the house,,,, ah,,,
    "We the People ......"

Thx sorry never replied, death in family and Xmas. this and next month are going to be busy for me but look forward to the forum.

Sorry haven't used the small pump for the small router first thought is that is too small. A little food for thought is see if a vac sues could be setup maybe cleaner.

Hi guys, hope this thread isn't too old..

Paul, what did you end up on for your air pump?

I've been looking at this very thing myself, and was looking at something like this: http://amzn.to/1fpiwI0

I'm wondering if it would work with the stew mac router base??

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Hey Zack, I am not Paul but Welcome to the forum.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Hey Welcome to 2 new members Zach and Daniel
    Zach be sure to put up your location so we will know where to come to borrow tools
    Love yer Avatar Daniel
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.