A Vaughn and Bushnell

Tom Bussey

The plane has been precision ground and is no more than .0015 of an inch out of being perfectly flat. The sides have been ground with the same care and precision and are also ground square to the bottom. The would make a good choice of a plane for shooting board work.
I touched up the plane irons on all of the planes. It helps with sharpening, It doesn't require any lapping but a lot of people will still do it. The top on. some of the earlier irons needed a little help after about 100 years or so. I also flatten the backs at the cutting edge . It helps the blade to make full contact with the frog and I feel it helps reduce chatter.
The shipping cost, which needs to be added to each of the planes is $12 priority mail to anywhere in the country. That is a 2-3 day delivery with a tracking no.

I like to show the planes completely disassembled so you know everything works properly and they come with a money back guarantee. Again insurance is extra.

This Vaughn and Bushell 903 is a little different as most smoothers go. It is a forged steel plane, and the only thing that will happen to it if it hits the floor is a ding. It is not brittle and will not brake The frog seating is like that of the bedrock round side design and it is a beautiful plane. The only opology is a chip at the top of the lever cap. It is the width of a #3 but the length of a #4. Kind of like a #5 1/4, #3 in width but in between a 4 and 5 for length. One picture shows it side by side with a #4. Anyway it is all original and hard to come by at the price I am offering to sell it at ( $99 ). Thats about the price they go for uncleaned and unground.

DSC00729.jpgDSC00730.jpgDSC00731.jpgDSC00732.jpgDSC00751.jpgDSC00752.jpgDSC00753.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Tom

Aw man, I saw the title to this and thought it was about me and the red dot on my Mossberg. ;)

Very nice-looking plane, Tom. :thumb:

Gee, Vaughn, I thought it was about you and a 4 x 25 scope on your BB gun. :D

The BB gun has open sights. I've got a couple rifles with Nikon scopes, though. ;) Picked up a nice Bushnell red dot a while back at 75% off, so it's on the home scattergun now.