last craft show of the year results...

Dan Noren

Staff member
the crowd was nearly non-existant today. but then again, made $57 over table ($30), and gave the wife :blah: $30 as her cut. pretty good day though, she got to practice her english, and she was happy when i horse traded one of my end grain cutting boards for this knotted sweater and boa that she had her eye on.

not too bad, but sitting there from 9 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon, waiting for the promised crowds to show up, and not having that happen does get a bit disappointing. most of the sales were vendors buying from each other.

I've done shows like that, or shows where my wife was spending money faster than I could sell product. :rolleyes: Well done on doing better than breaking even, though. :thumb:

I think just about anyone who has ever done shows has a few of the 'waiting for promised crowds' days. It's kinda like doing the outdoor shows and having a total rain out....you consider yourself lucky if you can just save your merchandise from mother nature. We always considered going to shows a big adventure and had fun with other vendors and the crowds whether we made our expenses of not.