Hardware help?

larry merlau

i was asked to duplicate a drawer for jewelry box for friend, and it has this ringed pull on it. and i cant seem to find one like it or similar to where i could get a pair and switch them out.. the back plate measures 1".. if any of you folks can find something similar let me know.. thanks, sorry to bother you all this time of year but this is for a good friend and so i am forced to ask for help.
ringed pull.jpg

I've bought some hard to find high quality reproductions in the Lee Valley Veritas ? specialty hardware catalog.

We have several architectural salvage yards around here. They have bins and bins of old hardware. Maybe there are a few close to you as well.

Last edited:
i looked in lee valley before i asked bob,, this isnt high quality and its not old.. i wish they would keep numbers and manufacture on there parts i have nothing to go with on this.. other than what it looks like,, am i correct in calling it a ringed pull?

ken, my drawer is only;y 2.75 high so a 3 " pull is a tad to big:) the back plate is one inch so you can see that its basically only a inch high total.. did find something that might work in the discount link,, but havnt found the total length on it yet that bill linked to.. i am leaning to let them find what they want for this..

I replaced the bronze ring pulls on my buffet with a pair of lion's head ring pulls from LV. The buffet is 80 years old, and the new ring pulls look like they could have been original. Had to replace because one of the old ones had disappeared.

been there too jim,, for what this is, i decided to let the owner get what he wants, if i could find something nearby i would have got them but the other drawer has got felt paper glued to it and i cant get at the screw without demolishing the compartments, this is a small jewelry box drawer..so i delivered it with two normal pulls that they can use if they want and they can chance the fuzzy paper:) it was a freebie so didnt want to much time and money invested in a previous drawer that was particle board sides:) the new one was solid oak.. So thanks for the links and help guys..yu can go back to your regularly scheduled programing:)