I made a mistake II

larry merlau

well Paul isnt the only one that makes mistakes,, i have finally got some time to do shop work that has been on hold all summer,, and yesterday and now today i find that old age and forgetfulness isnt our friend..
First off i was looking at the jar that had some toned finish for some partially done projects well i forgot to put the whole recipe down,, got part of it but the other isnt there just use two colors,, DUH
Second one was when i got some toned finish mixd up for a touch up job,, i went to open my small sprayer and on the side was tape saying clean me,, well guess what, i hadnt listened to myself and it was a mess.. so i spent the next 25 mins cleaning the gun so i could spray for almost that long:)

so my Words of Wisdom today is write down all the recipe like Glenn told us to, and clean your guns after each use..or pay the price:)

When it was my bread and butter and the Binks #7 was the gun to have I cleaned mine religiously immediately after use and put a fresh kit in two of them every Monday morning to start the week, nothing had a higher priority. Now my first priority when I want to spray is just finding a spray gun, any of the two or three junk guns I own.

Oh yeah, I have two cake frosting containers of mystery finish. One is straight and one is cut. I just wish I could remember straight what and what I cut the other container with!

Hu

Speaking of writing things down, I'm generally lucky if I get about half of whatever I went to town for along with a ton of stuff I didn't need of course. I hit on the not too original idea of writing out lists of what I was going after. This worked great! I still don't get what I went after but now instead of forgetting things piecemeal I just forget to bring the list, one thing. Supply runs aren't going any better but I feel like it is much more efficient to forget everything in one fell swoop.

Hu