Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm beginning to like Lowes....

I'm beginning to like Lowes....

I went to return 2 ceramic sinks for my re-model project, and order 4 cast iron ones we like better. I unloaded the sinks and rolled them into the customer service area, where a few people were already waiting. As I stood in line, I glanced down the open isle towards the tool department. I could see something that looked like a DC bag sticking up in the air... Hmmmmm I better check this out! The folks ahead of me in line said they'd watch my sinks while I trotted to the tools. Sure enough...A Delta 50-760 1 1/2hp, dual hose connector, 1 micron felt bag, floor model DC was just sitting there with a price of $296 ($349 - 15% tool sale now on). However, upon not even close examination...I noticed there was a big paper sign on it 50% OFF Last Marked Price!

Man, I whipped that thing back to the customer service area, got my refund and headed for the cashier...a lead in the tool department. He was ringing up the sale when he stopped and said...sorry, this 50% Off sign says for tool belts...DC is $296. I begged, pleaded, was ready to fall on the sword, but he wouldn't budge (was very apologetic, though). I was going to take it back (too much) and another lady employee walked along. When we got near the tool department, a guy I recognized asked what the problem was. I explained the whole situation, and he said..."Nope, the 50% off is good on that"! We all walked over to the cashier and the guy explained that the tool manager, Jim, had told him to mark it 50% off, and the discount was good.

Soooo for $148 I got a bit dusty, but brand new, Delta 50-760 DC!

I really wanted to upgrade from my Delta AP400, and this will work for me...for now.

BTW, the guy at Lowes that helped me with this, is the same one that helped me get the last $165 Unifence they had.

I put it on my TS, and I like it.

Hmmmm wonder if my neighbor wants a good deal on an AP400 dust collector....
    Last edited by Greg Cook; 04-09-2007 at 12:15 AM.

OK, now that is a gloat!

Just goes to show, it is no the "Place" but the "People" that make it good.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Insider trading wer're going to have to talk to the securities & exchange commision about you.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Hey Greg, you came out smelling like a rose. Good find, and a great price. Have fun sucking up the dust.

Looks like that you are the expert in good deals. I need to hang around with you for a while Greg.

Steve Clardy Guest
    Maybe I need to come up there and do some tool shopping with you.

Cool, nice gloat. Persistance pays and it looks like you found someone pretty helpful at Lowes....ya better send him a gift card or something for helping you out.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Thanks, guys...

Along with the Dewalt DW616 fixed/plunge set for $115 at Sears and the Delta 28-276 14" band saw that was on a flash time sale at Amazon for $215/free delivery, it was a pretty good week. The bandsaw is scheduled for delivery on the 13th.

Now I need to sell some stuff to pay for all of them....

That kinda stuff never happens to me!

My motto: Buy Hi & Sell Low....

Congrats
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response

Congrats, Greg...great price. Were you wearing a mask when you held up the store?

You ended up with enough change left over to get a cartridge filter, should you decide you want one. (I sure like my Wynn filter, but I only had 30 micron bags to compare it to.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com