giant spud :)

Got home from work a bit ago and found this giant spud sitting in a box from MI.:D Not really sure what kind of burl it is, but if i'm guessing, i think it is spruce, but not sure.It's about 18 x 9, thanks Larry i will put this to good use, and post a pic or two when i get it turned. O you could of kept a sliver and turned a pen or two.:rofl: You know for the wounded warrior project. Just kidding of course.:thumb:001 (800x497).jpg002 (704x800).jpg005 (694x800).jpg

you must have debarked it steve,, it had bark on it when it left here:) like i said that is the baby one the next one is twice that size. i havnt cut it apart to make it smaller till you see what is in that one.. that came from a root not the tree trunk. i think you will be surprized at what is inside.. should be some good looking grain like that northport pine down south that some like so well

i wont charge you for the extras:) sorry about the hyjackers.. they must be tough critters we have had 20 degree weather outside and they had to be on it then.

Jan-you-wine imported MI spiders!?! They are worth their weight in gold :D Can't wait to see what you do with the spud Steve. Kudos to Larry for his continuing generosity.

actually glenn i was just cleaning my shop out a little:) and figured steve had room for some more clutter:)

The best way to unclutter your own shop is to send the clutter to someone else.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
And now that I know it is Steve we are supposed to be sending the clutter to all I need is his address.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

The best way to unclutter your own shop is to send the clutter to someone else.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
And now that I know it is Steve we are supposed to be sending the clutter to all I need is his address.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

well chuck,, i have its big brother here and its also taking up space,, so i can either give you steves address or i could send you this one:)
big brother 003.jpgbig brother 001.jpgbig brother 002.jpg

oh and merry xmas chuck:)

Looking forward to seeing what happens to the potato after the chips fly. :thumb: Once again, Larry's generosity comes shining though. :clap:

Well the chips flew, but so did the HF, twice.:( First time it broke loose I was able to reglue the tendon and keep on keeping on. 2nd time there's no saving it .:eek: This stuff is so soft it's gonna have a glued on hardwood tendon next time. O well I hate it but crap happens sometimes.:doh: Was really starting to like it to.:)001 (800x698).jpg002 (800x749).jpg004 (608x469).jpg