She gets what she paid for...

Yesterday, yes :doh: I said yesterday, at least it was morning time...the Mrs decided she would like a couple of gifts for her/our neighbor friends...."just a couple of small cheese/cutting blocks and maybe a box if you don't mind" :bang::thud:

Well, not all was lost, as I did get to clean up more of the scraps/shorts that I can never manage to throw away...these only received 1 heavy dose of mineral oil, and after I sign off they'll need another rub down before wrapping. The Box got a couple of coats of spray can lacquer, rubbed down with steel wool and a quick couple of coats of wax. I rushed myself even though I didn't care if I made the dead-line or not {yeah right, I'm no dummy, SWMBO always gets what she wants ;)} but I failed in the lift-off while doing the juice ditch, not once but twice :doh: so I improvised and plugged the corners with some dowel pieces...Shhhh, no one knows 'ceptin you folks ;)

Anyways, off to help get these bagged & tagged and delivered later tonight...going to place them inside their storm doors and sign them from Santa {let him take any sour comments} :rofl: .....Have a great Christmas all & to all a goodnight!!! :wave:

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

OK now you have done it, you have torn asunder the old adage "Good - Fast - Cheap" pick two...... :doh:

I'm surely not showing this one to my wife!

Nice work! :santa:

What I want to know is: How do you get your part of the world to back up in time so you have time to make beautiful works in wood?

Enjoy,
JimB

Ha, if either one ever happens, I'll be sure to let you know Jim :D

As to the elf replies...lets just say, I was a little elf-n upset for a bit, as I had asked her back around thanksgiving if she had any wood related requests...26 yrs now, you'd think I would learn :huh:

Well, I haven't heard from any of the neighbors yet, but that's ok...after all the racket I made trying to slip these into their doors last night, I'm just glad no one got a shot off at me :rofl:

Enjoy the day folks :thumb:

Oh yeah, I have nothing on Allen, that dude is a machine! :eek::wave: