Is it a sickness?

Heard a comment from someone{I won't mention his name, but his initials are Darren Wright ;)} about what nice scraps I have{something along that line}...anyways, I just took a quick tour around the shop and offer these up for diagnostic help from you all :D

it just seems sacrilegious to me, to throw away anything of potential use....
Please share your thoughts, photos, phone numbers to organizations & or hospitals I might want to look into, etc. etc. :D

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg

I had that sickness at one time but I was cured because I had no room for better pieces of wood. I ended up donating all my scrap to the burn barrel out back and what LOML didn't feel like burning she donated to our trash company on trash day.

Now when I'm done a job all those scrap pieces are thrown away without a second thought!

We're all in this together, bud. I hate having to throw out anything that is real wood. MDF and plywood goes to the trash quicker than anything else. Cherry and oak get set aside for my smoker when the pieces get too small. No matter, though, I still have lots of off cuts that keep taking up space.

As long as you can still move around and get things done, it's no issue at all. Once the newspapers start piling up and you have to make little hamster trails through your house and have more cats than you can count, well, that's when you've got a problem....

Heard a comment from someone{I won't mention his name, but his initials are Darren Wright ;)} about what nice scraps I have{something along that line}...anyways, I just took a quick tour around the shop and offer these up for diagnostic help from you all :D

it just seems sacrilegious to me, to throw away anything of potential use....
Please share your thoughts, photos, phone numbers to organizations & or hospitals I might want to look into, etc. etc. :D

View attachment 79998 View attachment 79999 View attachment 80000 View attachment 80001View attachment 80002 View attachment 80003 View attachment 80004 View attachment 79997
Hi Ken; Don't know if you are a turner or not, but here's what I do with some of my scraps when I am tired of turning pens!View attachment 80009

View attachment 80010View attachment 80011View attachment 80012
These are wig stands for cancer patients at the Hearth Place Cancer Center in Oshawa ON.

Our wood club, the Durham Woodworking Club have taken these on as an ongoing annual project for the community. We presented them with 75 last fall and will be presenting them with as many or more in the coming year.

These 4 were my small contribution.

My pen blank collection is too small for these, and I'm starting to run out of wood large enough to turn them from!