Something different for you musician types

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I have an older Mixman DM2 USB DJ controller that only runs under windows 98 or XP, which I bought on close-out for $10 several years back. The company has gone to virtual controllers now using touch screens (though there are keyboard shortcuts, at least on the Windows 7 version). There are other free dj software programs, but this one has quit a few free songs and sounds already assigned to the buttons, making it fun to play with right away. My nieces and nephews have fun with the old one when they come over, so will be interesting to see how they like the newer one. The company has their software for free until January 5th, you can download software and get your license key (via site registration), but seems their license server may be down right now. I'll keep trying to activate mine and will post back if it starts working.

http://mixman.com/apps/

Just downloaded SpinControl for Windows 7. The registration server threw an error saying something about the registration already being done, but I ignored it and the download went without a hitch. Install starts OK, but like you, I'm getting an error from the Authorization Server after I enter my name and the serial number. I'll see if it's working tomorrow.

I got it working, had to disable my virus scan (Avast, disable shields) when doing the install, it was blocking the request to their server for authentication of the serial number.