Thread: Thinking about buying this

Thinking about buying this

Seems that it would be simpler/easier that setting up the dado on the TS and playing with shims.
    Peachtree has it on sale for about $50.00 but the sale ends on 12/31
    I have an order for a bookshelf and I'm thinking about giving this a try.

http://www.amazon.com/Dadowiz-Precision-Fixture-Peachtree-woodworking/dp/B004E85QP8

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/to...-test-dado-wiz
    Last edited by Bob Gibson; 12-30-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I don't know Bob I never found that uetting up the Dado stack was that much of a hassel. I got to where I can do it almost without thinking. I used a sled with mine.
    "Thereís a lot of work being done today that doesnít have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesnít have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

i got to say that a dado blade is better choice bob, but jig to make dados from carols book is great.. you just need to stop worrying so much.. if was closer i would get you threw this obstical and the finishing fear as well
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    i got to say that a dado blade is better choice bob, but jig to make dados from carols book is great.. you just need to stop worrying so much.. if was closer i would get you threw this obstical and the finishing fear as well
    I wasn't really worried. I plan on having my RAS set up (someday soon) to just do dados and some cross cuts and keep my TS basically for ripping. I find it to be a pain in the butt to experiment with shims in getting the perfect fit. This gizmo automatically sets the exact width for whatever thickness material you are using. I thought it may be a time saver as well because I usually use my router plane to clean up my dados. Besides, I can't count how many times I think that I've cut all my dados or rabbets and put the saw blade back on only to find out I missed a few

Now finishing is another topic. I sure wish you were closer because I always fear that I'm going to ruin my project by doing a crappy job on the finish.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

a easy way to do dados even with a router is set it for one size and use the table saw to make the tenon part a common size.. like alan bienlien did on his cabinets..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!