Thinking about buying this

Bob Gibson

Last edited:
i got to say that a dado blade is better choice bob, but jig to make dados from carols book is great.. you just need to stop worrying so much.. if was closer i would get you threw this obstical and the finishing fear as well:)

i got to say that a dado blade is better choice bob, but jig to make dados from carols book is great.. you just need to stop worrying so much.. if was closer i would get you threw this obstical and the finishing fear as well:)

I wasn't really worried. I plan on having my RAS set up (someday soon) to just do dados and some cross cuts and keep my TS basically for ripping. I find it to be a pain in the butt to experiment with shims in getting the perfect fit. This gizmo automatically sets the exact width for whatever thickness material you are using. I thought it may be a time saver as well because I usually use my router plane to clean up my dados. Besides, I can't count how many times I think that I've cut all my dados or rabbets and put the saw blade back on only to find out I missed a few :rofl:

Now finishing is another topic. I sure wish you were closer because I always fear that I'm going to ruin my project by doing a crappy job on the finish.

a easy way to do dados even with a router is set it for one size and use the table saw to make the tenon part a common size.. like alan bienlien did on his cabinets..