My Newest Intarsia Box

Mike Mathieu

Hi Everyone
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Here are a few WIP pictures of my newest Intarsia Box Commission.
I had to modify my original Buffalo Box pattern to add the logo on the top and the little dog and cat at the bottom.
This is my original Buffalo Box.
buffalo box finished rev.jpg

Here is the revised pattern
IMG_6131.JPG

Here is a little progress on the intarsia.
IMG_6142.JPG

Fun Stuff
To be continued

Making good progress on the Intarsia. Got the fence cut and inlaid with all of the background pieces. got the logo and tree in place, added the pasture pieces and the water. I added the dime to show the scale of the pieces I'm working with.
Having fun now!!
85 pieces so far.
Woods used;Sky-tulipwood, Mountains-cocobolo,Pasture-poplar, Fence-cherry, Tree-palo santos, Shore line-mahogany, Water-blue mahoe, Logo- holly and ebony
IMG_6152.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6145.JPG
    IMG_6145.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 23
:lurk:

Its going to probably sound silly but the fence really sells it for me on the first one[1] and it looks like the second one will be a winner as well.

[1] not that the other elements aren't well done or unnecessary but the fence just ties it together somehow.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Yesterday I got the background done along with replacing a few pieces that didn't quite fit right. Up to 100 pieces. Cold in the shop today so I will work on the Buffalo tomorrow.
IMG_6156.JPG

Got the intarsia completed today, everything glued in and one coat of finish applied.Total of 115 pieces Still have to apply another coat of finish and install the interior lining and this one will be ready to ship. Fun project!!
IMG_6173.JPGIMG_6105.JPG

Thanks everyone for the comments.
Well here it is-ready to ship. Got the last coats of finish applied and installed the velvet linings.
On to the next projects.
IMG_6194.JPG IMG_6196.JPG IMG_6198.JPG