Wide.....Very wide sander for sale!

Got a friend of mine that builds pool tables and he runs a 54" 3 head machine its a beast

I'm probably missing something, but what part of building a pool table would need something that wide? The bed itself should be slate and I can't imagine the under bed is made of anything other than plywood or another dimensionally stable man-made product. Or is he surfacing the slate somehow? (which would be very very cool!)

I'm probably missing something, but what part of building a pool table would need something that wide? The bed itself should be slate and I can't imagine the under bed is made of anything other than plywood or another dimensionally stable man-made product. Or is he surfacing the slate somehow? (which would be very very cool!)

No they import the Slate by the container full already flattened. He uses it to run the side frames and top rails through for the higher end tables they build a few thousand tables a year all the inner frame work is lam beams

No they import the Slate by the container full already flattened. He uses it to run the side frames and top rails through for the higher end tables they build a few thousand tables a year all the inner frame work is lam beams

Jay,

Please post or PM the table company's name or info. I used to play a lot of pool and still keep up with a good many pool players. May be able to help people on both ends and I daydream about owning a ten footer someday. Interested in another project at the moment, an English eight ball table.

Hu

would if I had all my wants!

You want a Snooker table.

Roger,

I want what is a seven foot snooker table which I can't call a snooker table in my mind. A bit of a sacrilege, I like 5x10's pool for snooker. Not a real fan of the 6x12's that snooker purists favor. There is a manufacturer cranking out a few five by ten pool tables in the US now, top quality tables, but no five by ten snooker tables made in the US that I know of. No quality made seven footer with snooker pockets made in the US either, again, not that I know of.

Diamond is pretty flexible and I hope to con, um, convince them there is a demand for tables like I want. There is a demand, just a very very small one at the moment! My favorite game for pleasure is snooker on a five by ten. Commercial reality is that smaller and smaller tables take up less square footage. I would like to play around trying to find an interesting game to play on a seven footer with snooker style pockets, something like English eight ball (blackball) which as far as I know isn't played anywhere in the US. As I said, I favor ten footers. I want to keep the cue sports alive though and that seems to mean fitting them in smaller spaces. Maybe a 2.5'x10'? :D :D

Hu

Hu, you could always bend that ten footer to make it fit a smaller space...

Unusually-shaped-Pool-Table-L-shaped-634x326.jpg

There's a pool hall near where I used to work in LA that had one of those.

The vast majority of my pool playing is American 8 and 9 ball on 7' bar tables. When I get on a regulation 8' table it feels like I need to get out my spotting scope. And a 12' snooker table? Fuggetaboutit! I get winded just thinking about walking around one of those things.

On the topic of snooker pockets, I was once in Sydney Australia on business and my Aussie associates took me out to play pool one night. We ended up at one of their regular neighborhood hangouts where they had two or three coin-op tables. These were similar to the 7' coin-op tables I was used to playing on at home, but with MUCH tighter pockets. Those days, I was playing a lot of barroom pool, and it was customary in the places I played to call your shots, no slop, so I just did it out of habit. My friends from Oz, on the other hand, were used to playing slop pool with no calls. As luck would have it, I was having one of those nights where I couldn't miss. It seemed that nearly every shot I tried went in, exactly as called, no matter how ridiculous the shot was. (...seven ball, two rails, off your nine, into the side...boom.) Of course it seemed like I was showing off and bragging, when instead I was just playing how I was accustomed to, but making a lot more shots than normal. :D

Vaughn,

I have seen pictures of those L shaped tables, a kind of zigzag table, and round tables. My favoritest unusual table is this one though. If I were to all of a sudden find I had money to burn I'd like to have one like this built just for décor. Of course if anyone wanted to gamble this could be the kind of table that makes homefield advantage pretty big!

Hu

boatpooltablepost.jpg