best fit yet:)

larry merlau

well while out at Burning woods, i was able to meet up with Jim Burr and we seem to hit it off pretty well:) even if he does have a hat fetish:)
anyway during one of the very enlightening conversations on how to solve the world s problems he came up with a fine solution for one of mine,, and said that he would take care of it when he got things caught up ..well he has been busy at school and got a couple days free during the holidays and just as the school is starting back up he finished this and sent it off.. and he was right it will definitely solve my problem i had and he done a fine job of making it:) Thanks Jim Burr.. and if you need some ugly wood in the future drop me a line:)

new shop tool.jpg

Thanks Larry!!! I didn't see this thread until now! There have been several "ideas" come to of late and this was one...the moose rack wouldn't fit in the box. It's a well seasoned spike and shouldn't break with "normal" use...rated currently for about 16 bottles a day, I added CA to the drill hole :D. Dunno why...it just seemed like you. The other idea was kinda flashy and proper...then I looked at that picture of you on Brent's patio wearing the straw hat contemplating world peace in Australia. I was happy with yours!! Hope you enjoy it my friend!!:wave:

Last edited:
Nicely done, JB. :thumb:

There are some fine brews represented in that pile of bottle caps. You don't just pick up Family Woodworking beer at your local 7-11. ;)