Show us the "FLOWERS"

Flowers! What flowers :dunno: All we have is this white stuff that's cold and wet. Isn't it still winter??? I luv purple anything so the lavender is just beautiful. Have any lilacs yet? They're my absolute favorite.

thanks shaz! the dogwoods and redbuds where just taking off, tulips in full bloom roses starting to bud.......then bam.....27 degrees......

hey shaz

what did yu do to get that wysteria to bloom i have one thats around 5yrs old and grows green but wont blossom??? that one you had in the pictures was huge!!!

Flowers! What flowers :dunno: All we have is this white stuff that's cold and wet. Isn't it still winter??? I luv purple anything so the lavender is just beautiful. Have any lilacs yet? They're my absolute favorite.
:wave: Hi Joan, Sorry it is still so cold there. That is exactly what I believe allows you to have lilacs. I don't think we get them down here. I am from Pa. and lilacs were my special smell.
Shaz

thanks shaz! the dogwoods and redbuds where just taking off, tulips in full bloom roses starting to bud.......then bam.....27 degrees......
So sorry Tod, those early flowers and buds always invigorate me and to lose that "liveliness" in spring is a sad thing.

what did yu do to get that wysteria to bloom i have one thats around 5yrs old and grows green but wont blossom??? that one you had in the pictures was huge....Larry..:eek: Some of the stuff I saw must have grown up 30 or so feet:eek: !!!
Hi Larry, :wave: Hope this finds you well. I was driving through Mississippi and Louisiana about two weeks back and in about ten different places along the highway the wisteria had actually taken over certain trees as a climbing ladder. I imagine it is the longer warm season and mild winters down south. Hope your wisteria blooms for your little lady's wedding.:D :)
Shaz
Thanks DT,
Pleased you have enjoyed the photos.
S

Last edited:
Shaz, you wait until the second set of pictures to show the state flower???! There's probably a law against that you know!:D
My shop foreman drove to College Station to haul back his son's car, tranny died, and got into a terrible snow storm this past Sat. He said that cars were stopped on Hwy 6 from Waco to Hearne taking pictures of the Bluebonnets in the snow. About 1 1/2" on the ground there, so I bet there are a lot of Texas wildflowers that bit the dust over the weekend, even though it didn't get that cold here (low 30's). Jim.

This thread................SUCKS...........not fair,

All I got is cold weather..........nothing blooms but in the house