Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather in your neck of the woods?

Weather in your neck of the woods?

Well, just got in from doing evening chores. School has been cancelled for tomorrow. Dr appointment for Tuesday I changed Friday for 2-4-14. Threw two wagon loads of wood into the shed yesterday, put out round bales for calves, bedded the pigs and goats and outside dog and horses. Watered and coiled all hoses. Put the rear blade on the Oliver. So thanks to my son in law Josh for his help yesterday.
    Back to the weather. Trudged from the house to the horse barn, snow is level to the tops of my MUCK boots. East side of anything is knee to hip deep from drifting. Winds are now 20+ mph. Currently 28F feels like 13F. Low tomorrow is supposed to be -18, 28 will feel like a heatwave!! Typical winter, weather channel making it sound like the end of the world. At least with the weather channel I have an idea that it won't last for a week or a month. Next Friday is supposed to be in the high 20's again. So, how's the weather in your neck of the woods?
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Embarrassing to say the least down here Jon. Weather guessers have been crying since Thursday about this massive storm. So far rain all day, probably 1 1/2 of it so far. Temp is still 37 and has been there all day. Hearing snow has started to the west by about 45 miles, so we will see I guess.

If the Weather guys don't stop all this preaching about the doom someone is going to really get hurt one of these days. Eventually folks will just quit listening and get hammered by a twister or ice storm.

-2 tonight and 50 for the high Friday. Does it get any better than this?
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Well Jon, the 3.5" of snow we got the day before yesterday has melted due to our 42º temp today, But tomorrow the high is supposed to be 2º we had rain today that got rid of the snow. Tuesday the temp is going to be 13º so they are saying, so it is going to get better and by Friday we are supposed to be about 45º, so we are having a wild swing in these parts. We never know what it will be this time of the year.
    I'm supposed to respect my elders, but its getting harder and harder for me to find one now.

23 degrees now, -3 tonight with much more snow coming, 18"so far
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	80182

Nice today. High of 70° but a little cloudy. Low tonight is forecast to be 49, with a high tomorrow of 45 - interesting! We have a 30% chance of rain Monday along with a 16% chance of snow!!! Low Monday forecast to be 20 - plumb cold for us folks! Another sub-freezing night Tuesday, then back into the 70s during the day by the weekend. All this back-and-forth can play havoc with a person's health!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

-9 degrees now, no snow, but they are talking -26 for tonight, and -22 for tomorrow night. then mid 30's this time next week.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post

Hmmm... Bobbie and I have been talking about driving up there for a visit!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    well since you asked I just came in from taking down the Christmas decorations. I won't tell you the temp but I was wearing shorts and I did break out in a sweat.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

come on up bill, we got room and can easily come get you at the air port,, we are used to this fluffy stuff, huh tom
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post

Tom, I showed you picture to Parchment girl and she said you can keep it.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward