Furniture From Scrap

Dave Richards

Well, this won't be everyone's cup of tea but if you're wondering what to do with all of those scraps of wood you create, maybe this will give you some ideas.
Waste-Waste-40-40-by-Piet-Hein-Eek_dezeen_ss_1.jpg

More about the artist.

Very interesting concept, Dave! It would certainly use up a lot of small scrap. Then, when needed, lay it on its side and use it as a cutting board! ;)

Holy Moly! That's creative! Don't even want to think about the gluing involved. On the other hand you did a great job individually painting each one of those little blocks. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ive already made a couple of side tables to match that chair. that chair would probably weigh in at close to 85-100 lbs.

Attachments

• wood stuff 813 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 813 (Medium).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_1630.jpg
    100_1630.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
At first I thought about these pieces being original, but when I followed the link provided, I could see that in fact the so called "using waste material concept" is more a selling argument than really true, on the third pic we can see that in reality they use the wood pieces as a thick veneer, gluing them onto a what looks like a plywood frame.
Obviously they do for strength reason but it pisses me off when I feel cheated.

On a different matter of things many of those pieces do not look like wood to me, and I wonder where those tiny holes in the center come from...