IM bringing it up again, tourdewood 2014

allen levine

I wanted to mention Im willing to host a 2014 gathering on my tiny property.
I have a small home but can put up 2 couples as I have 2 spare bedrooms or one couple with children.
I know my location is difficult for many here who are active members

Id like to meet some old friends and meet some new ones.

there is plenty of lodging within a few miles of me, and it is long island, beaches, parks, restaurants, etc....so theres plenty else to do if anyone makes a few days trip of it.(im 40 minutes by train to manhattan)

larry knows how small my home is, but I can host a party of 30 or 35 in my yard.

its just a tough location to travel to during summer months since most active members here are from way left of me..

I will if needed too, pick anyone up at ny airports and bring them to their lodgings.

I do not require any help physically or financially arranging this gathering.

for the record, if people want to bring their young children, I will make sure there is children friendly food for them, and if I have too, have a mothers helper here to give their parents a break for a few hours. (there are parks nearby)
I want to make it convenient for anyoneto attend, not just old people like me.

Im just bringing it up again this year for this summer.

Im hoping we can keep the tradition going year to year.

that's it, back to regular programming.sorry for the interruption.

That's very generous of you Allen. :thumb:

I'm don't know if I'd be able to come this year with the daughter expecting, but will see if I can make it work out closer to the time.

i can vouch for allens hospitality, and the good food nearby,, one thing i regret was not having enough time to see the boardwalk area.. but i still had a great time just the same.. if this comes about i am sure those who attend wont be disappointed.

Well, it looks pretty doubtful for me, but I learned last year to never say never, ;) That said, I strongly encourage any active members who are within traveling distance to take Allen up on his generous offer. Having participated in a couple of Tour de Wood events myself, as well as several other Family meet-ups, I can heartily endorse meeting with other FW members. It's always a hoot. :thumb:

hey folks, if you have interest in this , you need to voice your thoughts. these dont happen over night on the hosting part.. i know. it also takes some scheduling on the attendees part as well so if we work together this can be a reality..

Allen, I would have to downsize a bunch of livestock to be able to make it. Will be there in spirit and for anyone that hasn't met Allen in person, he is a bundle of energy and one top notch person to meet and get to know.

there we go, now were cooking,
jon, you gotta get some of those kids to mind the livestock for a couple of days.
bob, Im gonna introduce you to my favorite bagel baker.
sayer, I counted on you, but Ill be seeing you much sooner than that, just trying to see what weekend night looks good so I can contact you and the wife.

Thank you again for the generous offer Allen.
Debbie and I talked about it earlier, and it's very interesting, although too early to make a firm commitment of course. Lots of variables at this stage including what will be on the agenda with my new job at that time, as well as home at the farm. Seeing you again and experiencing the different world you live in would be great.
A fly-in might work for us, 1.5 hrs flight vs 16-18 hr drive around. We'll work on it. Thanks again.

Thank a lot Allen.

Both LOML and myself are definitely comitted to come again to US on 2014, be it at your gathering or any other that may arise, besides she'd love to visit NY, specially the MOMA, work on your dates with the rest of people that are already for it and we'll make our best to drop by, although I can't guarantee it (heck we are on the ther side of the world:)!), and if the dates do not work for us, be reasured that we'll pay you a visit whenever we go to NY.

easiest way to moma from me, a 30 minute railroad ride), then a 5 minutes ride on the NY subway. driving in is approx. 50 minutes without traffic, but parking in NYC can be very costly, and traffic is always questionable, could be no traffic, could be 2 hours traffic.
if youre coming to NY to see the big apple, Id suggest doing research and getting a discounted room in the city so youre close to everything.
We can always get you to me easy enough.

just for the record, Im thinking early august...why.....because I know a lot of people have wives who work in school districts(or husbands, or they themselves), water is warmest at the beaches, weather is hot, but bearable, and children still aren't ready to go back to college until usually around mid august.

Thank you again for the generous offer Allen.
Debbie and I talked about it earlier, and it's very interesting, although too early to make a firm commitment of course. Lots of variables at this stage including what will be on the agenda with my new job at that time, as well as home at the farm. Seeing you again and experiencing the different world you live in would be great.
A fly-in might work for us, 1.5 hrs flight vs 16-18 hr drive around. We'll work on it. Thanks again.

you just have to let me know when and where, JFK or LaGuardia, I only live 10 minutes from JFK.
It doesn't have to be just for the fww gathering, were always around.
peter, I don't live in a different world, village code just doesn't permit us to raise livestock on our properties.

you just have to let me know when and where, JFK or LaGuardia, I only live 10 minutes from JFK.
It doesn't have to be just for the fww gathering, were always around.
peter, I don't live in a different world, village code just doesn't permit us to raise livestock on our properties.

Thanks Allen.
And, take my word for it, from the Land of Wild Blueberries (population density 0.7 people per square km) you DO live in a different world :)

Last edited: