A good night, new ear and eye candy

very cool new guitar but looks like to set fire to a bush of potential sales.

My son just bought an acoustic guitar day before i took him back to school. I was amazed when we set foot in the various instrument stores at how cheap the prices were and the enormous range of choice. What you got there for $200 blows me away.

On the dishwasher what i dont get to understand is how this happened.

Forgive my ignorance but have only ever owned one dishwasher and installed it myself. The outlet went into the kitchen sink drain and the water feed came up from basement and was a tap off from the cold pipe.

So for you to have a hole to block implies yours was somehow going through the wall or something like that? Would you explain more please so i can learn for future.

Thanks

Soooo tempting. I'd have to spend about another $80 or so to get a good case for it, though. Nonetheless, I can't be spending money on one right now. Other priorities loom. But I do miss my Les Paul. (Had a 1967 LP Custom - Black Beauty - stolen after a gig years ago. Lost an ES-335 that night, too.)

Looks like a real pretty guitar, though. How do you like the fit and finish? I know I've been real happy with my $200 Oscar Schmidt copy of an ES-335. Especially after putting another $100 or so into new electronics.

vaughn dont they have serial numbers on them? and if so couldnt the local authorities find it sometime threw the resale of it even years later?

You are not in trouble...I've given up

Woot! Sounds like you just got permission. ;)

On the dishwasher what i dont get to understand is how this happened.

Forgive my ignorance but have only ever owned one dishwasher and installed it myself. The outlet went into the kitchen sink drain and the water feed came up from basement and was a tap off from the cold pipe.

So for you to have a hole to block implies yours was somehow going through the wall or something like that? Would you explain more please so i can learn for future.

Thanks

Well, I mis-spoke about the air coming from the crawl space. So the short of the story is that my attic only has batt insulation in it (several layers), no blow in. The second issue is that whoever built my house used 2x4 for the outside walls, they insulated it, and added a vapor barrier (4 mil plastic) over that. However they then nailed 2x2's on top of those making the final wall thickness 5" (stud thickness). This left a 1 1/2" gap from the attic to the floor in all rooms on the outside walls. Well, up in the attic cold air drops into these gaps where there is a lack of insulation preventing it. Also the bulkhead above the cabinets has no insulation, so the air falls in anywhere there is an opening and gets into those wall cavities from there.That drops all the way down and out of electrical holes and such under my cabinets creating a cold zone, including under my dishwasher.

The valve froze and basically popped the entire end off the valve.

Normally a house would not be framed the way mine is and it wouldn't be a problem. It's been on my list to do blow in insulation for a while, so I need to get off my rear and do it.

...What you got there for $200 blows me away...

Back when I was working in a music store (late '70s - early '80s) $200 wouldn't buy much in the way of a guitar. Even a marginal Japanese-made guitar was $300 to $400, and many of those were considered sub-standard. These days, there are a lot of very playable instruments in the $200 to $300 range. And not surprisingly, the Japanese guitars are considered high-end imports, with prices over $1000 not unheard of. The lower-priced (but still plenty playable) guitars are coming out of China and Indonesia now. Chalk it up to streamlined manufacturing techniques, low labor costs, and the whole global economy thing.

vaughn dont they have serial numbers on them? and if so couldnt the local authorities find it sometime threw the resale of it even years later?

Yes, they have serial numbers, and I made sure the cops (as well as all the local music stores and pawn shops) had them. Even though I filed a police report, the cops didn't seem to have much interest in finding the thief. (They seldom do much with property theft.) To this day, my former keyboardist carries both numbers in his wallet, just in case he comes across any guitars matching the description.

i think that the next family gatherun is gonna be a jam fest,, we got a whole orchestra in group now.. darren didnt show any signs of being a hippy like vaugh at burning woods:) b ut apparently he was:)

I think...I really mean this in a happy way, that Larry would be a great jug and spoon master!! Step on up bud!!
Couple more pen sales and I'm gettin' one of those guitars!! Or a couple pedals that are on eBay...either way!

Last edited: