Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Expensive trip to Rockler yesterday

Expensive trip to Rockler yesterday

Not at all in a good way.

After I came out from picking up a few little things I found this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4583.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	80317Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4584.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	80318

Rockler got a delivery from Yellow Freight and the driver backed his trailer into the space next to me which wasn't hardly big enough for a car let alone a 40' trailer. Dropped off his package and took off without mentioning to anyone that he hit my truck. I was parked in a space in front of the store and not in a loading zone.

A Salem, NH police officer came and filled out his report as well as getting a copy of the delivery slip with the PRO number of the delivery that Rockler got and also took statements form the guys inside.
    My insurance company says that unless they can get Yellow Freight to acknowledge that their driver was involved in a hit and run I'm out a $500.00 deductible

The Police officer was a real nice guy and said that he would do all he could to help me out.

I wasn't even planning on going there. I was doing a few errands and since I was kind of close (1/2 hour away) I figured I'd stop in.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Ouch, that really sucks, I hope that you can get the delivery co. to admit their drivers mistake.
    I'm supposed to respect my elders, but its getting harder and harder for me to find one now.

do you have a witness? if not then how can you say the yellow truck did it? tire tracks? look for a witness bob..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Did they check the camera. I'd go after Yellow and not the driver.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

That is painful. You may have witnesses to the fact that the truck used that spot. I hope Yellow Freight makes good.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

I should of been clearer. There were 3 witnesses. 2 rockler employees and 1 customer. the customer said that as the driver was backing in it looked as if my truck moved like it was backing out. he said he couldn't see my cab or if anyone was inside my truck because the trailer was blocking it.
    The police are contacting Yellow as well as looking for the driver. The officer said that there is a good chance that the driver didn't even know he hit me.
    So I don't care who's insurance gets nailed, the company or the drivers, as long as it's not mine.
    anyway, the police are investigating and told me not to do anything until they call me back.

with the pro number on the delivery slip they can tell which truck it was on and who the driver was.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

tell them you want life time free parking as well
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

these big companies, who employ tons of drivers, Id be surprised if they didn't just take care of it right away.
    You aren't looking for medical expenses, just some minor body work.
    We once had a public utility truck hit our station wagon, and the next day their insurance company was on the phone with us, they saw the car and was issuing us a check as we spoke.
    this is peanuts to them, 1000 trucks, they get fender benders all the time.
    Id contact them and let them know what truck and at what time hit you, Id have a hard time believing they would give you a hard time, unless the driver totally denies it, regardless of what someone witnessed.which again I find hard to believe.
    Human Test Dummy

Ouch.

I agree with Allen...companies deal with this type of thing all the time.

Years ago I was working for a materials testing lab (concrete, asphalt, soil), and I had a company pickup truck assigned to me. One afternoon I arrived back at the lab for a field test and the boss called me into his office to tell me they had gotten a phone call from someone a few minutes prior claiming that a rock from my tire had chipped the windshield of a car I passed. (They had noted my vehicle number.) I was not aware it had happened, but had no way to prove it hadn't been my truck, so we simply cut them a check for a new windshield.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

That would be great if it happens. I had an estimate done today and its about $2,000.
    I don't want to make $ I just want my truck fixed and not have to shell out $500.00 for something that's not my fault.
    Faith, Hope & Charity