Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday! - 1/10/2014 Edition

Kansas City, Missouri

It's Friday! - 1/10/2014 Edition

Man, these full weeks back at work are just long.

I'm hoping to get started on the basement this weekend, pulling up old carpet and painting. I bought Rocksmith this week to play around with the guitar on, so going to go through the setup on it. Supposed to be in the 50's on Sunday, so may try to get some shop time in, need to do a good cleaning and get things back in order.

What's everyone else got going?

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Thomasville, GA
    After a "lost" day Thursday going to Tallahassee for a follow-up with the eye surgeon, I hope to get back on track in the shop today. I'll finish getting the big drawers installed under the queen-size platform bed I've been working on for what seems like forever! Getting sidetracked on other projects hasn't helped much! I also need to get the final fitting done for the rail of the bed so I can apply stain and finish to it. Hopefully, I can put this thing to bed (pun intended) by the end of the month.

Then, I have the flag/display case in process for FIL, but I have until the end of March to finish that.

Perhaps, in my spare time, I can finally play with the iBox I bought a few weeks ago!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

DSM, IA
    Supposed to be heading to KC area for a memorial for my great uncle who passed away last month. He had a good run making it to 95, although the last 4yrs where in a care facility as he had Alzheimer's. We'll remember the good times and toast his favorite beverage, a cold beer. (which he always offered to anyone he was with no matter what the age). He didn't have any kids of his own, but everyone of his 16 nephews and nieces along with lots of their families (like me)will be there to honor him at the memorial and after at a gathering place he frequented regularly until his later years. He was well like for sure. Did I mention he always offered you a beer?

The travel conditions might not let that happen however. Ice/Rain/Snow predicted thru midnight. Might need to wait until morning, but would like to get there tonight as the daughter has her heart set on swimming at the hotel. Back from that on Sunday morning and then I hope to get in the shop in the afternoon. Temps are suppose to be in the high 30s!!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

new york city burbs
    nfl playoffs.
    Human Test Dummy

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    helping SWMBO take down and store all of the indoor decorations also working one getting the tax stuff ready for the accountant.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

ABQ NM
    Woke up this morning to a double-barrel bloody nose that took about 40 minutes to get stopped. I guess the weekend can only get better from here on out.

Playing a gig tonight at a local tavern from 8:00 to 11:30, then I have nothing important scheduled for the rest of the weekend. Planning to do as little as possible and try to get rid of the cold I've been fighting for a week.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Plainwell, Michigan
    Chillin' with my wifey, really need that this weekend

Nova Scotia, 45°N 64°W
    I've got a four day weekend, looking forward to knocking some things off the odd job list.

Escondido, CA
    Going back to Arizona this afternoon after another round the dirt issues. Tomorrow a funeral in Phoenix. Sunday the game and naps!

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Constantine, MI
    Now that the cross is out of the shop I can get started on a bunch of pull toys that need to be done by mid February. Our woodworking club gives about 600 of these simple toys to the Shriners each year to be passed on to children in hospitals.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk