Family Room Project

I just looked at that link... I was also wondering about cleanup. I would guess you need to flush out the unit with a lot of water ?? For a big job that would certainly not matter. Hmmm.
I bought one of those Wagner units and clean up is a bear. My problem was that I was so tired after painting that I didn't feel like spending half an hour cleaning the thing. It's on a shelf in the attic.

Looks good Darren!

+1 on the paintsticks. Really makes things go faster. I didn't find it all that much more difficult than a regular roller to clean. The powered units or spray with a hose are a whole nother bear to clean though.
31ZD33Y5Y4L.jpg

As far as cleaning rollers go.

fy2ktdt.jpg

I just looked at that link... I was also wondering about cleanup. I would guess you need to flush out the unit with a lot of water ?? For a big job that would certainly not matter. Hmmm.

I usually pull out a good sized tub with enough water to leave the head on (without the roller) to suck water in/out and flush it good, then take it to the slop sink and flush everything under the faucet. I'll try to paint from my lightest color to the darkest and re-use the roller for the job I'm doing, storing it in ziplock bag, then get a new on for the next job. The rollers are a few bucks more, but worth it for the time it saves.

You are far ahead of me in your project. Love the floor.

At to painting - I am just gonna "stick" to the old way. I really don't need any more toys - and I don't paint all that often.

Love "watching a remodel project" - wish that's all I was doing.

MAN - this work really kills my CNC play time.

Looking good Darren - keep up the good work.

Thanks, but really do consider the stick if you've got more than a couple of walls to paint, you'll save enough time (even with clean-up) to enjoy the cnc. ;)

I bought one of those Wagner units and clean up is a bear. My problem was that I was so tired after painting that I didn't feel like spending half an hour cleaning the thing. It's on a shelf in the attic.
Obviously your wife doesn't like to change paint colors in the house as often as mine. The time spent cleaning becomes a blink in time for me. :rofl:

As far as cleaning rollers go.

View attachment 81395

Sooooo True!

Drum roll please....

2014-03-02 20.30.50.jpg 2014-03-02 20.31.04.jpg 2014-03-02 20.31.25.jpg 2014-03-02 20.31.38.jpg

I still have the inside of a couple of closets to do and my daughter's bedroom. Doesn't look like I'll have enough extra to do the kitchen, but maybe the dinning room. May call tomorrow to see if the store still has a few extra boxes that I can mix into mine to still do both.

I have a handsaw for doing undercuts on the door jambs and trim, but ended up using my HF Multi-tool. Man it made the job so much easier! For the $20....I highly recommend getting one! I talked my dad into one when they were on sale for $14, he was reluctant, but he said he's used the heck out of it on odd jobs.

That floor came out looking great, Darren. :thumb: How are the knees and the back feeling? Makes me hurt just thinking about it.
crutches.gif

Thanks all

That floor came out looking great, Darren. :thumb: How are the knees and the back feeling? Makes me hurt just thinking about it.
crutches.gif

Actually, the knees are fine, my upper arms and pecs hurt more than anything, I sat on my bumm most of the time and scooted myself around from section to section. I laid out three rows at a time and then worked my way down, really cut down on the down and ups.

well done darren,, so where you headed next the better half asks?

Well I still have the sun room area to finish I'll plastic that part off and finish my mudding/sanding, then on to painting all of it. Still need to pull the carpet and pad from my daughter's room and lay the floor in it too.

As if I haven't had enough, I ordered 200 more sqft to be sure we had enough for the first floor. I will try to use it in the daughter's room and closets and save the larger matching lot for upstairs.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Oh man Darren you get my respect for that job. My knees hurt just seeing it and thinking of doing something like that. Well done man!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:
You being going full steam this winter one way to get through it and keep the mind off it.
Hope you find some spare packs. What about a place like Lumber Liquidators perhaps they have some old stock of same packs.

sent from s4

Oh man Darren you get my respect for that job. My knees hurt just seeing it and thinking of doing something like that. Well done man!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:
You being going full steam this winter one way to get through it and keep the mind off it.
Hope you find some spare packs. What about a place like Lumber Liquidators perhaps they have some old stock of same packs.

sent from s4

Thanks, Actually haven't hurt hardly at all this week, was a bit muscle sore, but nothing like some of the other times I've done these. I found the extra floor, should be able to pick it up Friday night.

Finished up patching walls, where the tv used to be, an then painting.
2014-03-08 22.26.05.jpg

She wanted to paint the mantel and the duct too.
2014-03-08 22.26.39.jpg 2014-03-08 22.27.00.jpg 2014-03-08 22.59.44.jpg 2014-03-08 23.00.24.jpg

Also installed two more ceiling speakers, made a big difference in balancing out the sound across the room.

2014-03-08 22.27.28.jpg

The dreaded mudding has begun again, on the sun room side of the wall. I had some wiring to finish up and needed to move the furniture stored out there back to the family room side before I could start this side. Paint and trim will be the same colors as the family room side.
2014-03-12 21.04.33.jpg

Will be putting up plastic and blowing a fan out the window to depressurize the room to keep the dust in this room and out of the finished family room.

"Will be putting up plastic and blowing a fan out the window to depressurize the room to keep the dust in this room and out of the finished family room.[/QUOTE]

Now how come i never thought of that last time i was patching .....duh. Well done Darren. Oh boy you deserve summer by the pool. Only thing is you got a few months to go yet. LOL

The dreaded mudding has begun again, on the sun room side of the wall. I had some wiring to finish up and needed to move the furniture stored out there back to the family room side before I could start this side. Paint and trim will be the same colors as the family room side.
View attachment 81599

Will be putting up plastic and blowing a fan out the window to depressurize the room to keep the dust in this room and out of the finished family room.

Walls look good Darren. I like how you handled the ventelation duct.

Have you ever thought about doing a Venetian Plaster job on that unfinished wall in the photo?

It's a pretty sharp look with a tile floor.

Walls look good Darren. I like how you handled the ventelation duct.

Have you ever thought about doing a Venetian Plaster job on that unfinished wall in the photo?

It's a pretty sharp look with a tile floor.

That would look nice and have considered doing some of that, just pretty far down on the list of things to get done around here.

And progress continues. I finished patching, got things primed and mostly painted. Still need to finish painting the lower part of one wall.

Before paint:
2014-03-22 18.32.10.jpg 2014-03-22 18.32.43.jpg 2014-03-22 18.33.11.jpg 2014-03-22 18.33.44.jpg

After:
2014-03-23 22.11.39.jpg 2014-03-23 22.11.09.jpg 2014-03-23 22.12.07.jpg

Need to do a second coat for the majority of the blue, but need to pickup another gallon. Also still need to paint some base and put it on for the wall that got re-drywalled.

This was a recent purchase my wife made just before we started this project. It's worked great for me to pile all my tools and supplies on. :) It is a cool little (300lb) drafting table, which is height adjustable via the hand wheel. She plans to use it for a bar table. And no, I didn't spill the paint on the top, it came that way as an extra cost. ;) Those little 3 wheel dollies under each leg have been life savers getting things shuffled around for this project.
2014-03-22 18.34.27.jpg

Last edited:
This was a recent purchase my wife made just before we started this project. It's worked great for me to pile all my tools and supplies on. :) It is a cool little (300lb) drafting table, which is height adjustable via the hand wheel. She plans to use it for a bar table. And no, I didn't spill the paint on the top, it came that way as an extra cost. ;) Those little 3 wheel dollies under each leg have been life savers getting things shuffled around for this project.
View attachment 81914

It looks like a great drafting table. I hope you just refurbish it and don't modify it. They don't make them like that anymore.