Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My really weird morning surprise

My really weird morning surprise

Got up this morning and found this in the refrigerator. I have no explanation for this. It is completely baffling. Barb says we will be wondering until we die.

Maybe I should start paying attention to Ancient Aliens.

Anyone ever seen or heard of anything like this? I can't stop looking at this in the refrigerator. What started it? Why is there no damage, no soot? It was hot enough to partially cook the eggs that we cracked open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZF5O...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Brian McMillan; 01-12-2014 at 04:54 AM.

That is crazy Brian. Those are just paper cartons right? May be worth sending to the supplier to see if they can help look into the cause. I think I'd make sure there is a smoke alarm in the kitchen at least for the time being too.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

You've got me scratching my head on this one Brian. You don't have any practical joking family or neighbors near by do you? I first suspected microwave energy, then thought about chemical reaction of something that had spilled on the cartons, then I ran out of ideas. That looks scary.

I had the same thoughts as Ted. Also, might be worth calling the local fire department and talking with them. They may have resources for sending the remains out for testing to see if any chemicals reactions are involved.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Very bizarre. No idea what might have caused something like that to happen.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I was talking to my brother and he suggested microwaves as well, but in a refrigerator? I also called the fire department and talked to the chief and he had no ideas. There were 2 other egg cartons in the fridge (we have chickens) and they are fine. The cartons are all clean, nothing spilled on them. When people give us used ones and they are stained they go into the compost. Have you ever tried burning egg cartons? They don't light right up like newspaper. It takes a fair amount of flame to get them going.
    This reminds me of those old pictures of the supposed spontaneous combustion of a man with nothing remaining but a pair of slippers with a burned up foot in one and a charred easy chair in the room; no other damage.
    My sister-in-law suggested I contact Coast to Coast Am and see if they have run into anything like this.
    I'm going to check the refrigerator before I hit the sack. Maybe I should put some slabs of bacon and a couple of raw eggs on a plate in there and have breakfast waiting for me in the morning.

my only suggestion other than the official ones that i think should be able to help if they would.. is to ask on google and see if you get any hits.. i would press the fire chief for help.. they have contact with a fire marshall that is his job to determine cause of fire..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Nuclear chickens. Eggs that glow in the dark.

It's a good thing they were in the refrigerator & used up all the oxygen other wise you could have had a real hot fire.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Found the answer for you.

It's all right here. Spontaneously Combustible Eggs. Fairly common as this article shows.

http://en.illogicopedia.org/wiki/Spo...mbustible_Eggs
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Anyone in the family smoke? The fire from a cigarette falling into the crevices and smoldering?
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING