A Very Cool Chess Set..... Not Mine!

Very cool pieces and board, but calling the board "ironic"? Really? I don't think he has any idea what that word means. :rolleyes:

"weebles wobble but they don't fall down" -- child of the seventies here, yup.
HOWEVER, don't you surrender in chess by laying down your king? A move which is impossible with this set. Uh-oh.

...HOWEVER, don't you surrender in chess by laying down your king? A move which is impossible with this set. Uh-oh.

Just more of the "everybody's a winner" mentality these days. :rolleyes: You can't lose with this chess set! Everybody gets a trophy! :rofl:

[pulls tongue firmly out of cheek]

making that board would be a feat in itself, i can get gouges in a flat surface but not the same shape each time and in the right places as well:)
If I had to do it, I believe that the easiest way would be on a lathe, and I'm talking about the board not the pieces. A simple jig to move your tool always with the same radius while the square piece is spinning on the chuck would give you a consistent concave radius. The pieces have no secrets for any of the spinning guys of the family.

That is pretty neat. Incidentally the reason I stumbled upon this forum in the first place was when I was doing a google search for homemade chess sets and came across the one Stuart made a couple of years ago.:)