Guess what it is and what it is used for

...My son who has been in 12 years and is a Chief Petty officer has to take all of his uniforms in this week and have the stipes (insignias of rank) all changed to gold colored ones since he has gone 12 years with good behaviour. He has earned 14 medals and he must wear them on his dress uniform and he had to pay for all of them.

That just seems wrong. It's like my company giving me a gold watch for 15 years of service, but making me buy the watch. And then requiring me to wear it at the office.

Wow i agree with Vaughn. I could understand paying for replacement kit but initial hand out should be free in my view.

Darren we never paid. Basically we could not have with what we got paid. At time i was in we got the equivalent at the time of around $1.25 per day. We never saw a payslip and when we got paid after what we were told were mess fees and regiment fees we ended up with less than $30 in our pocket. From that we had to buy boot polish toothpaste and razor blades. Then we could think of other things.
If you were in a active combat zone u got danger pay lol. That added about $5 a day to your pay. You can see the obvious logic. Lol
I still have some of my kit and gonna sell it on ebay one of these days as collector militaria.

sent from s4

i am amazed at the fact that our government is charging the troops for there clothes to protect our country and the world from troubles.. they have to get there hands on money from all of us in what ever way they can... just plain BAD!!!!