Cored Bowls

Here are 4 more sets of cored bowls. Sorry for the pic's but they are going out the door as we speak. Takes me more time which is frustrating trying to make sure the sanding is done well and having a eye that doesn't work. lol Anyway these are finished with Antique Oil. The size ranges from 13", 9", and 4 1/2". They are spalted maple and cherry. What is so funny is I haven't sold a bowl in 2 yrs now all of a sudden I have orders for 4 sets but guess I won't complain at $165 a set.

Attachments

• Cored Bowls 2.jpg
    Cored Bowls 2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 40
Bernie,

There are special, similar to TV, units for sale. They are a bit pricey. However, they can be used for many things. For example seeing a magnified view of a bowl, a crack, the finish, a check, a book, thread a needle, etc. times a few thousand other uses. There are many different makes, models, etc. and there are many different companies selling them. I recently read about a man who went through law school using one of the units. He also, obviously, uses it in his law practice.

I would suggest that you look into it. The sales people will come to you without any charges or commitments. You should be able to see the unit in use to look at finishes as well as look at wood magazines. Don't just look at one. There is a large spread in prices and what they can do and how easily they do it.

Take a look. You can always say, "No." It might change your life for the better. That does not sound like a bad gamble to me.

I hope this has helped. Enjoy,
JimB

Google it and see what you get.